Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 07-25-2013, 10:14 PM
JCLawn and more's Avatar
JCLawn and more JCLawn and more is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 4,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox gsl View Post
I would be careful of the $400 price tag. I did this and it didn't go over too well. I would stick to everything but mulch and lawn care make those add on services or offer a silver and gold package one with and one without.
Ya everything would be the Gold package. Here mowing season would be may-oct so if they payed april-nov I could offer it all. Also the fert I would use is called one-ap made here in MI. So that cuts on cost and I got my old college to use it and they are having better results than a 4 app system. I am pretty much a mow and blow business now, I think that needs to change also.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 07-25-2013, 10:30 PM
knox gsl's Avatar
knox gsl knox gsl is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: knoxville, tn
Posts: 3,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
Ya everything would be the Gold package. Here mowing season would be may-oct so if they payed april-nov I could offer it all. Also the fert I would use is called one-ap made here in MI. So that cuts on cost and I got my old college to use it and they are having better results than a 4 app system. I am pretty much a mow and blow business now, I think that needs to change also.
One thing that makes a good profit for me is small one day installs. Normally the gross on these is less than $1800 but the net is around $1000. That is pretty good for a solo plus part-time guy. After that I aim for $650-$700 mowing days (done by 2pm) 3 days a week and landscape/ bed maintenance on Fridays.
__________________
I've never been skydiving, but I have zoomed-in on Google Earth really fast.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 07-25-2013, 10:32 PM
JCLawn and more's Avatar
JCLawn and more JCLawn and more is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 4,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox gsl View Post
One thing that makes a good profit for me is small one day installs. Normally the gross on these is less than $1800 but the net is around $1000. That is pretty good for a solo plus part-time guy. After that I aim for $650-$700 mowing days (done by 2pm) 3 days a week and landscape/ bed maintenance on Fridays.
That's kinda what I am aming for. Schedual wise.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 07-25-2013, 11:16 PM
Kelly's Landscaping's Avatar
Kelly's Landscaping Kelly's Landscaping is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Milford CT
Posts: 3,709
I totally understand where your coming from with the costs eating through your revenue. My partner and I are considering cutting back a little and letting the employees go next year. In the past when guys didn't show up for work and we had to mow solo we could bring in 450-600 per truck which makes us wonder why we pay a employee to make 700-900 a day per truck.

Haven't made an decisions yet but considering the true cost of employees and they abject stupidity it appears we would make more money with lower revenue. With no employee bs and fewer clients to have to deal with. I always wanted the big company but I am starting to question it.

I had a guy this week pull a no show so I brought in last years employee. This guy just did a few months in prison and now lives in hotels and the entire day in the truck was spent on the phone. And your love this he has 5 girls working for him and he was setting up their appointments. He can't seem to get that I don't wish to employ a pimp.
__________________
http://kellyslandscaping.org/
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 07-25-2013, 11:23 PM
TJW_692 TJW_692 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 132
my worker and employee's are me, me and me. Don't work that means no money and losing jobs. Keeps me ontop of getting things done and i get to keep all the money to myself.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 07-25-2013, 11:30 PM
JCLawn and more's Avatar
JCLawn and more JCLawn and more is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 4,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJW_692 View Post
my worker and employee's are me, me and me. Don't work that means no money and losing jobs. Keeps me ontop of getting things done and i get to keep all the money to myself.
We all need cloning machines........
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 07-26-2013, 07:44 AM
gcbailey's Avatar
gcbailey gcbailey is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: southern WV
Posts: 1,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly's Landscaping View Post
And your love this he has 5 girls working for him and he was setting up their appointments. He can't seem to get that I don't wish to employ a pimp.
Looks like a business opportunity right there.... Kelly's Landscaping, Bikini Lawn service and Pimp delivery extraordinaire...
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 07-26-2013, 07:49 AM
JCLawn and more's Avatar
JCLawn and more JCLawn and more is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 4,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcbailey View Post
Looks like a business opportunity right there.... Kelly's Landscaping, Bikini Lawn service and Pimp delivery extraordinaire...
I remember when I guy was on the news with a bikini lawn care service.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 07-26-2013, 08:00 AM
gcbailey's Avatar
gcbailey gcbailey is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: southern WV
Posts: 1,807
Ya, but around here that would be Honey Boo Boo's mom running around. No one wants to see that in a Bikini...
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 07-26-2013, 08:05 AM
JCLawn and more's Avatar
JCLawn and more JCLawn and more is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 4,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcbailey View Post
Ya, but around here that would be Honey Boo Boo's mom running around. No one wants to see that in a Bikini...
Your in WV, I bet there would be a market for her hahaha
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:40 PM.

Page generated in 0.08487 seconds with 7 queries