Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-25-2013, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox gsl View Post
I would be careful of the $400 price tag. I did this and it didn't go over too well. I would stick to everything but mulch and lawn care make those add on services or offer a silver and gold package one with and one without.
Ya everything would be the Gold package. Here mowing season would be may-oct so if they payed april-nov I could offer it all. Also the fert I would use is called one-ap made here in MI. So that cuts on cost and I got my old college to use it and they are having better results than a 4 app system. I am pretty much a mow and blow business now, I think that needs to change also.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
Ya everything would be the Gold package. Here mowing season would be may-oct so if they payed april-nov I could offer it all. Also the fert I would use is called one-ap made here in MI. So that cuts on cost and I got my old college to use it and they are having better results than a 4 app system. I am pretty much a mow and blow business now, I think that needs to change also.
One thing that makes a good profit for me is small one day installs. Normally the gross on these is less than $1800 but the net is around $1000. That is pretty good for a solo plus part-time guy. After that I aim for $650-$700 mowing days (done by 2pm) 3 days a week and landscape/ bed maintenance on Fridays.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox gsl View Post
One thing that makes a good profit for me is small one day installs. Normally the gross on these is less than $1800 but the net is around $1000. That is pretty good for a solo plus part-time guy. After that I aim for $650-$700 mowing days (done by 2pm) 3 days a week and landscape/ bed maintenance on Fridays.
That's kinda what I am aming for. Schedual wise.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I totally understand where your coming from with the costs eating through your revenue. My partner and I are considering cutting back a little and letting the employees go next year. In the past when guys didn't show up for work and we had to mow solo we could bring in 450-600 per truck which makes us wonder why we pay a employee to make 700-900 a day per truck.

Haven't made an decisions yet but considering the true cost of employees and they abject stupidity it appears we would make more money with lower revenue. With no employee bs and fewer clients to have to deal with. I always wanted the big company but I am starting to question it.

I had a guy this week pull a no show so I brought in last years employee. This guy just did a few months in prison and now lives in hotels and the entire day in the truck was spent on the phone. And your love this he has 5 girls working for him and he was setting up their appointments. He can't seem to get that I don't wish to employ a pimp.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Member

my worker and employee's are me, me and me. Don't work that means no money and losing jobs. Keeps me ontop of getting things done and i get to keep all the money to myself.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJW_692 View Post
my worker and employee's are me, me and me. Don't work that means no money and losing jobs. Keeps me ontop of getting things done and i get to keep all the money to myself.
We all need cloning machines........
Old 07-26-2013, 07:44 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly's Landscaping View Post
And your love this he has 5 girls working for him and he was setting up their appointments. He can't seem to get that I don't wish to employ a pimp.
Looks like a business opportunity right there.... Kelly's Landscaping, Bikini Lawn service and Pimp delivery extraordinaire...
Old 07-26-2013, 07:49 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcbailey View Post
Looks like a business opportunity right there.... Kelly's Landscaping, Bikini Lawn service and Pimp delivery extraordinaire...
I remember when I guy was on the news with a bikini lawn care service.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya, but around here that would be Honey Boo Boo's mom running around. No one wants to see that in a Bikini...
Old 07-26-2013, 08:05 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcbailey View Post
Ya, but around here that would be Honey Boo Boo's mom running around. No one wants to see that in a Bikini...
Your in WV, I bet there would be a market for her hahaha