Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-08-2013, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
funny, i did the same thing a while back, nifty little system they got there. You actually measure your own lawn and submit. I assume the contractor doesn't get very much. there is another company that does the same thing, and look what their contractors get to make! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z0meF-_b1I I'd get a part time job flipping burgers before i went that route.

Not sure, but I think he meant that he was getting around 350-400 weekly in jobs from them, not his full week.

Video for Taskeasy is right here.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=404410&page=3 there is another thread about task easy, and looks like the CEO even posted a reply with some more info. looks like they get 14% or so. It doesn't sound as bad as lawnmowingonline.com
Old 08-09-2013, 05:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Their generated bids for my lot were fair as long as the customer goes for the mid tier 'standard' plan.

I am not sure how comfortable I would be taking jobs for anything over an acre. Also you are relying on the homeowners honesty and knowledge to list additional 'time consuming' obstacles. Very possible you could get out to a property and realize that 1/2 acre is string trimming only where the h/o thought you could put ride your Z on.

The main thing for newbs or anyone else considering using 'middlemen' companies is to realize they are businesses as well. For an industry where profit margins are low and time management is crucial, be careful.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:16 AM
LawnSite Member

Task Easy

I just filled out a Contractor Application last week. It did not cost anything and I grilled them for an hour, before I even hit the Internet looking for info.
I'm with HomeAdvisor now and am not very pleased. I get a lot of BS Leads that cost anywhere from $13 -$32.00. And half the time the customers don't even know their making a contact, they are just browsing. Task Easy found me through the Craigslist ad I run (which I think is still the best Advertising tool for me. And Task Easy gets 14% of job. I am starting out with just the Snow Plowing and it hasn't snowed yet, so I'm hoping it all works out. I'll let you all know after the contracts. But this might be worth looking into. You do not have to accept any job and unlike HomeAdvisor, it cost you nothing. You only get paid/charged after the Job is completed. Good luck, ya'll.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I had two Task Easy jobs this year. Both were grossly overgrown properties that someone had attempted and then quit after one or two passes. Task Easy was aware of the condition prior to my going for a look see, but I wanted to look anyway. One was a $45 regular cut and their estimate of 40 minutes was accurate. With it being overgrown they priced it at $85, my portion of the take , I'd have quoted about $115. I had equipment to take the backyard's 3' weeds and grass down easily and then used my walkbehind on the front. I was there about 1.75 hours so it was an ok deal. They allowed plenty of lead time to complete the job and I was fine with the payment. I'd allow them to schedule work for me again.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Sounds like decent experiences for everyone. Glad to hear!
Old 05-05-2014, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Member

So I had a call from these guys today wanting me to bid a lawn by the time I got to it. ( I was already out on my Monday route ) It had already been assigned to someone else.
I went to their web site and punched in some of my current properties and their pricing is actually a tad-bit higher than mine so with their take that puts me around what I would be charging for the property anyways. So I will give them a go and see what they can offer.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I use them - they pay quick, bid fair, and there is always somewhere there to talk to.

The only problem you might have is if a customer complains. But that's a problem you should avoid at all costs in any service industry.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've had three calls this season, 1st one was way out of my service area, 2nd was right in the middle of other customers so I took it. Another was a good distance away and I suggested they call handtotheplow, as I knew he could use the work.
My account was web measured at 1500 sf and my take was $34. I get there and clearly a bunch of trees had been removed which did not show on the web. I went ahead anyway and did the job, took pictures and sent them to taskeasy along with a new lot size drawing from "findlotsize.com". Told them they needed to re-quote the job and I'd continue, or I'd need to pass on it in the future. They accepted my 6k measurement, sent a new price to the customer, he accepted. So I'll cut it as a regular account at $43.50 this season. They also thanked me for completing the job even though it was not quite as their bid. Sent me $10 just because they are a stand up company. I really like working with their people.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:27 AM
LawnSite Member

After the last call I was going to do it then got busy and never filled out the paperwork for them.
They contacted me again yesterday, I went ahead and signed up to give them a try. They scheduled me my first customer with them for Thursday. I went by to give it a look and to my surprise its a well kept property in an affluent neighborhood.
So now we will see how this goes.