Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-23-2013, 06:27 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&L Landscaping View Post
Yikes! Double cut and it still needs to be busted up with a blower. Usually, if we double cut something with the Scag's it's pretty well cleaned up.

What kind of grass are you cutting in the video? Sure doesn't look like what I deal with here in the rain forest of NC.
The first cut was at 2.3/4" then deck raised to 3" for the second AND third cut/clean up.
Grass is a mix of local bermuda, kykuyu, some bahia and some weedy stuff.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Oh boy, if those blades were sharp that kind of cut won't do. However, seeing how muddy that mower was, this guy was cutting in a quagmire and nothing is going to cut well in that junk.
I should have taken some more pics. He was mowing wet ditches before he got to the area in those pics. It rained the night before but the grass wasn't that wet. I mowed less than 5 min. away from him with no problems. You need to demo in your conditions to form your own opinion.

Others have posted similar results and got ridiculed like it was their fault, same as some that posted how they didn't like the ride of the super z. So this saga has been going on for a while now...
Old 07-23-2013, 06:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm definitely going to demo extensively so I can make an educated and informed buying decision. I must be honest though, it's going to be difficult for me not to buy more Scag's. I'm a believer in the Velocity + deck, it's a winner for my conditions.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:59 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
I'm definitely going to demo extensively so I can make an educated and informed buying decision. I must be honest though, it's going to be difficult for me not to buy more Scag's. I'm a believer in the Velocity + deck, it's a winner for my conditions.
Im a huge Scag and Velocity fan. You wont be disappointed if you buy more. The only deck I know better than the XF1-2 is the Velocity+. Sold my last Scag this year with over 3000 hours!!
Old 08-01-2013, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Member

I own 2 Super Z and I can open up on my residential and commercial accounts top speed lots of time with perfect cuts (time is money) and wouldn't have any other mower in my trailer.12 years experience with only Super Z has made me plenty of money and less time spent mowing.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1119 View Post
I own 2 Super Z and I can open up on my residential and commercial accounts top speed lots of time with perfect cuts (time is money) and wouldn't have any other mower in my trailer.12 years experience with only Super Z has made me plenty of money and less time spent mowing.
First- Welcome to the forum.

I am a bit confused by the statement above in bold since you posted this in another thread-
http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...1&postcount=43

Also, as has been discussed here many times, the SZ's seem to do well on stiff southern grasses, but not worth spit up in the north for most guys. Then, we have our Aussie buddies here who have had a ton of cut issues with them and the VX4 deck in particular, so it's obviously a matter of location regarding whether or not the SZ is worth owning.