Register free!

Old 07-30-2013, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Member

signage?

Hi, I'm studying to take my pennsylvania pesticide applicator test. One thing I can't find in any of the books is after what type of treatment do you need to post a sign saying that pesticides were used or keep off until dry? Obviously after spraying but what about spot spraying or a granular grub treatment. Can't find any actual law. thanks
Old 07-30-2013, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Grub control is a pesticide--yes to the signs.
Spot spray--I am not so sure--probably yes. States may differ in this point. Or on the amount applied overall.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
Grub control is a pesticide--yes to the signs.
Spot spray--I am not so sure--probably yes. States may differ in this point. Or on the amount applied overall.
Thanks. I wish there was more in this book. Not sure what kind of sign I would put up for a granule application. It's not like it has to dry.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We post anytime we use any product on a customers property
Old 07-30-2013, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by takem View Post
Thanks. I wish there was more in this book. Not sure what kind of sign I would put up for a granule application. It's not like it has to dry.
Exactly. That is silly, isn't it? Makes me wonder what large company may have had a hand in determining the wording years ago.

Here in Michigan all applicators have to use the same signs. Size, font, color, wording - all the same for everyone. It used to be we could provide more information, such as what chemical was used or how to reach you if they had a question or emergency. State was concerned they were being used as advertising. I am convinced some companies now put the signs out even if they only fertilize, confusing everyone, just to be safe. I see it in my neighborhood all the time.

I put a sign out every time I apply any pesticide, which is my understanding of what the law calls for. And, I am in the small minority in that I always go back the next day to check on the application and remove the sign.

The information you are looking for may be in your Core Manual rather than one of the categories.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreplease View Post
Exactly. That is silly, isn't it? Makes me wonder what large company may have had a hand in determining the wording years ago.

Here in Michigan all applicators have to use the same signs. Size, font, color, wording - all the same for everyone. It used to be we could provide more information, such as what chemical was used or how to reach you if they had a question or emergency. State was concerned they were being used as advertising. I am convinced some companies now put the signs out even if they only fertilize, confusing everyone, just to be safe. I see it in my neighborhood all the time.

I put a sign out every time I apply any pesticide, which is my understanding of what the law calls for. And, I am in the small minority in that I always go back the next day to check on the application and remove the sign.

The information you are looking for may be in your Core Manual rather than one of the categories.
Unfortunately my core book isn't specific to my state even though it says PA on the cover. I'll call around tomorrow and check.