Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-27-2013, 08:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trock View Post
Thats the one also best to replace the filter on the end too
Will do that for sure.Looks fine and I can blow thru it no problem,but,it is 10 years old.

Are you sure your regulator is plastic? Mine is aluminum. There is a small black hose attached to the bottom of the regulator which I pulled off today.It was three quarters clogged with dirt.I ran an awl thru it and blew it out with air. Anyone know what exactly it does and how a clogged one may affect performance?
Old 07-29-2013, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Updating..........Possibly fixed.

Saturday morning,I pulled the in tank fuel pick-up line out.At the fitting that goes into the tank ,the attached fuel line was cracked and had about a 1/2" split in it. It was sucking air. Last week,I saw bubbles in the tank but thought it was from gas being returned back to the tank from the other line.

I will get a new hose,but,in the mean time,I cut the line below the split and put it on. I cut grass for half of Saturday and it was fine. Did not use Walker today,but,tomorrow it will be used all day.

Keeping fingers crossed.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Member

check the coil I had the same problem and that fixed it
Old 07-30-2013, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX12R View Post
Updating..........Possibly fixed.

Saturday morning,I pulled the in tank fuel pick-up line out.At the fitting that goes into the tank ,the attached fuel line was cracked and had about a 1/2" split in it. It was sucking air. Last week,I saw bubbles in the tank but thought it was from gas being returned back to the tank from the other line.

I will get a new hose,but,in the mean time,I cut the line below the split and put it on. I cut grass for half of Saturday and it was fine. Did not use Walker today,but,tomorrow it will be used all day.

Keeping fingers crossed.

Well,used the machine all day,got down to 1/4 tank of gas,did not miss a beat. Either way,I think I will put new fuel lines on this winter as they are 10 years old now.