Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-29-2005, 11:50 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by northeastpropertymgmt
so wich is better to run. if it dident mader what was for the highway and not. what is better for the engine, more power, longer life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Let's put it this way: You buy a car and pay tax or you buy a car and don't pay tax .
Which car is the best car?
Old 12-29-2005, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
1*What it boils down to is there is only one fuel with 2 prices on it.
Quote:
I dont know who it was that ever started the line of crap world wide that the off road and on road diesel is the same all but the dye , But its a damned lie
For the last time OFF ROAD DIESEL AND ON ROAD ARE NOT THE SAME DAMN FUEL < CHRIST A KID WITH A STOPED UP NOSE COULD TELL YA WHAT FUEL WAS OFF ROAD BY THE SMELL
Old 12-30-2005, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&KLawnCare
And your a bigger pud f uck because you dont even know what your talking about , Sulpher did / does not lubricate a injector pump , You ever seen dry sulpher ????????? Didint think so

That is 100,000 Percent bullshit , They are not the same friggen fuel at all . maybe out of 50 states maybe 2-3 have low sulpher as off road but the rest dont , How about educating your self some scaby before you go popping off .
then tell us asshat, what is the difrence then. show us how little you really do know. and i dont want some buddy of mine told me this line of bullshit story either. so far you have given no proof of your false statments. pack it up your ass and f uck yourself
Old 12-30-2005, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
then tell us asshat, what is the difrence then. show us how little you really do know. and i dont want some buddy of mine told me this line of bullshit story either. so far you have given no proof of your false statments. pack it up your ass and f uck yourself
Oh Listen to this **** will ya Mr Know it all trying to tell a Diesel mechanic he dont know what he is talking about .

Listen dickhead SULPHER DID NOT EVER LUBE INJECTOR PUMPS OR INJECTORS, The reason low sulpher fuel started causing problems was the way they removed the sulpher from the diesel it also took the lubricating quality of the diesel fuel with it .

Hell theirs all kinds of proof on the internet, Diesel shops , Fuel bullitens if you want proof all ya have to do is look ass hole

{what is the difrence then} I would expect that from a 23 year old . The diffrence is nit wit , Off road is HIGH SULPHER DIESEL FUEL LIKE IT WAS FOR YEARS AND YEARS B4 THEY STATED THE LOW SULPHER STUFF AND DUMPING RED DYE TO OFF ROAD. On road is low sulpher diesel , Thats the damn diffreence ya idiot ,

{and i dont want some buddy of mine told me this line of bullshit story either. so far you have given no proof of your false statments. pack it up your ass and f uck yourself}

Oh but it was ok for you to say Oh a buddy of mine that dont know his ass from a hole in the ground told you something and u get on here like its written in gold , Next time u tell me to go F Uck my self you better hope to hell your not 50 ft away our your little ass will be counting teeth , you understand that PUNK

Last edited by C&KLawnCare; 12-30-2005 at 10:31 PM.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Here is some of your proof Baby scapes

What is the difference between diesel fuel and gasoline?

Diesel fuel differs from gasoline in several ways. Diesel fuel is heavier and "oilier" than gasoline. It evaporates much more slowly because it is composed of larger hydrocarbon molecules, which have higher boiling points, typically 150 °C to 370 °C.

How is diesel fuel classified?

Diesel fuel is usually classified as:

Seasonal diesel fuel: Type B or Number 2 – the most commonly used diesel fuel.
Light diesel fuels: Type A or Number 1, for special applications.
Recently, diesel fuel has also been classified by sulphur content: low sulphur and regular sulphur diesel.

What is low sulphur diesel fuel?

Low sulphur diesel fuel (LSD) is fuel that contains less than 500 parts per million
(0.05 wt per cent) sulphur. It is usually used for on-road applications. Since Jan. 1, 1998, all on-road diesel fuel in Canada must be LSD.

What is regular sulphur diesel fuel?

Regular sulphur diesel fuel (RSD) is fuel that contains less than 5,000 parts per million (0.5 wt per cent) sulphur. It is usually used in off-road applications such as farming, forestry and marine.

How can I tell if diesel fuel is low sulphur or regular sulphur?

All on-highway diesel fuel sold in Canada is low sulphur. Since dyed or marked off-road diesel fuel may be regular sulphur or low sulphur, ask your local supplier about the sulphur content of its off-road diesel fuel. In Western Canada, all Petro-Canada diesel fuels sold for off-road use are normally low sulphur.

Does low sulphur diesel fuel have adequate lubricity like regular sulphur diesel fuel?

Yes! All Petro-Canada diesel fuels have satisfactory lubricity as required by the National Standard of Canada for Automotive Low Sulphur Diesel Fuel.

Does Petro-Canada diesel fuel contain a lubricity additive?

All Petro-Canada diesel fuels have suitable lubricity to protect current fuel systems (pumps and injectors). Most of Petro-Canada's diesel fuels have good natural lubricity (even "low sulphur" diesel fuels), especially during the spring, summer and early fall.

Lighter, low cloud point, winter diesel fuels contain a lubricity additive in keeping with the requirements of the National Standard of Canada for Automotive Low Sulphur Diesel Fuel. Petro-Canada recommends that customers avoid routinely adding additional lubricity additive to fuels as high dose rates of some lubricity additives have been found to cause problems such as sticking of plungers, metering valves or fuel injector racks.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Member

What is Low Sulphur Diesel?

Low Sulphur Diesel is Automotive Diesel Fuel with a sulphur content restricted to 500ppm maximum (or 0.05% by mass). It is produced in Western Australia at BP’s Kwinana Refinery, and Queensland at BP's Bulwer Island Refinery.

What are the benefits of Low Sulphur Diesel?

Environmental and health benefits are

reduced exhaust particulate emissions

reduced odours

reduced sulphur dioxide emissions and

improved local air quality.
Performance benefits are

decreased corrosion in pistons and/or cylinder liner wear

reduced maintenance costs

potentially extended lubricant life and increased oil drain interval as well as

improved long-term storage life of diesel fuel.

Why is sulphur being removed from diesel?

Diesel engines are very efficient with low levels of hydrocarbon and carbon monoxide exhaust emissions. The main concern with diesel engine emissions has always been smoke because it is clearly visible, particularly at high engine loads. In the past this smoke was considered to be undesirable because of aesthetics and odour, but now there is growing concern about the health effects of this particulate matter when it is breathed into the lungs. Reducing the sulphur content of diesel fuel reduces the smoke levels.

Where is Low Sulphur Diesel available?

From 1, Jaunary 2003, Low Sulphur Diesel will be the only form of Automotive Diesel Fuel available from all BP service stations throughout Australia. It is also available in Northern NSW.

What’s next?

BP's cleaner fuels journey saw the introduction in 2001 of Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel. As an even cleaner diesel fuel with a sulphur content restricted to 50ppm maximum, ULSD has 10 times less sulphur than Australian standards and will further assist Australia keep pace with the tighter regulatory environments of the US and Europe.

Concentration of Sulphur in Off-road Diesel Fuel:
The concentration of sulphur in off-road diesel fuel is unregulated in Canada and averages
approximately 3,000 parts per million (ppm) in Ontario (2002 data). This is much higher than
what is found in Canadian gasoline and on-road diesel fuel. By federal regulation, gasoline will
be limited to 30 ppm sulphur by January 2005, and on-road diesel fuel to 15 ppm by mid-2006.
Sulphur concentration in off-road diesel fuel is also currently unregulated in the USA. In May,
2003, the US EPA released a proposed rule that would regulate the level of sulphur in off-road
diesel fuel to a maximum of 15 ppm. As an interim measure, the proposal would require refiners
to produce off-road, locomotive and marine diesel fuel with a maximum sulphur concentration of
500 ppm by June 1, 2007. By June 1, 2010, the limit on sulphur in fuel used for off-road
applications (excluding locomotive and marine applications) would be 15 ppm. The US EPA is
considering including locomotive and marine diesel fuel in the 15 ppm cap by 2010.
As part of its proposed rule, the US EPA is also proposing new off-road diesel engine emission
standards, and meeting these standards will require vehicles to employ highly efficient aftertreatment
systems. Ultra-low sulphur diesel fuel is required by 2010 to allow the after-treatment
devices installed in 2011 model year off-road diesel engines to operate properly.
In August 2003, the federal government released a discussion paper on designing a Canadian
regulation to align allowable sulphur levels in off-road diesel fuel with those of the proposed US
rule. The discussion paper proposed limiting sulphur levels in off-road diesel fuel to 15 ppm,
with an interim limit of 500 ppm, by the same dates as in the US proposal. However, within this
framework, the Canadian government is considering simpler rules, with fewer exceptions to the
sulphur limits and fewer administrative requirements than the American proposal. This proposal
is consistent with Environment Canada’s “Federal Agenda on Cleaner Vehicles, Engines and
Fuels”, released in 2001, which outlined the government’s plan to reduce pollution from
vehicles, engines and fuels.
It should be noted that in California, sulphur limits for off-road diesel fuel will be lowered to 15
ppm earlier than in the rest of the United States. In California, limits on sulphur in fuels apply to
both on-road and off-road fuels, and in that state off-road diesel fuel is already limited to 500
ppm sulphur. In California, it is proposed that the maximum allowable level of sulphur in all onroad
and off-road diesel fuel sold, will be reduced from 500 ppm to 15 ppm, starting June 1,
2006. The proposed regulation has been approved, and it is anticipated that it will be finalized
by the California Air Resources Board executive officer in the near future.
It is recommended that the federal Minister of Environment be requested to limit the
concentration of sulphur in off-road diesel fuel to 15 parts per million by 2010, as is proposed in
the United States, as this change would substantially reduce sulphur-related emissions from the
off-road sector. It is recommended that the 15 ppm limit be applied to diesel fuel used in
locomotive and marine applications as well.

Last edited by C&KLawnCare; 12-30-2005 at 11:06 PM.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Off-road diesel fuel – refers to diesel fuel that is used for off-road purposes (i.e., mining, farming, marine, etc.). Off-road diesel fuel is frequently dyed red or "marked" to show that it is exempt from provincial road taxes. fuel that contains less than 5,000 parts per million (0.5 wt per cent) sulphur, may not be used on-road, and is usually used in off-road applications such as farming, forestry and marine.

Low sulphur diesel fuel – fuel that contains less than 500 parts per million (0.05 wt per cent) sulphur, required for on-road applications, and may be used off-road.

NOw Scaby ya want to run that trap some more and show people how much more ignoarnt you are or are we done here,
Old 12-30-2005, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Member

And lastly

Ill apologize for my tone . But ill be damned if i get cussed at like i did by a snot nosed 23 yr old that needs a big lesson in manners
Old 12-30-2005, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&KLawnCare
Ill apologize for my tone . But ill be damned if i get cussed at like i did by a snot nosed 23 yr old that needs a big lesson in manners
YOu started dealing it out so i dealt it back to you . seems like your internet ego cant handle it. anymore of harassment or threats in the pm's you send me will be delt with promptly.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Oh really jesus christ your such a Jerkoff and a damned crybaby