Old 03-14-2014, 04:48 PM
LawnSite Member

I new in the business and would like to be familiar in using a proposal as well? Thank very much.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:57 AM
LawnSite Member

Send me a copy of the proposal, I'm looking for new ideas, thanks ackack202@aol.com
Old 12-11-2014, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Do you mindemailing me a copy of your proposal? lionsturf@gmail.com
Old 01-05-2015, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Andyslawncare thank for the much needed advice. Would very much appreciate a copy. Thank you!

barconson@aol.com
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-13-2015, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Would like to get a copy of the your proposal as well...email is tbenoit@affordablelawn.net.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:00 PM
LawnSite Member

I would like to get a copy of the your proposal as well if that's ok. My email is sauvejer@gmail.com
Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-13-2015, 03:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Can I get a copy as well? You can email it to kleenkutz@cox.net
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500
7x14 OPEN TRAILER
5x10 OPEN TRAILER
36'' Walker Mower
36" HUSTLER ZTR
48" SCAG ZTR
61" SCAG TT ZTR
4 SRM 266T ECHO TRIMMER
1 SRM 2601 ECHO TRIMMER
2 PE 266 ECHO STICK EDGER
2 PB 770H ECHO BLOWER
1 PB 413H ECHO BLOWER
2 21" SNAPPER WALK BEHIND
1 22" TORO WALK BEHIND
2 ECHO SHC 225S HEDGE TRIMMER
2 ECHO CHAINSAW
Old 01-14-2015, 10:42 AM
LawnSite Member

Blade 2 Blade: I am getting into this a bit late but here are some pointers that work with commercial or residential contracts. Yes they are good as it brings a steady year long cash flow your way but understand that some people just plain do not want to get into a contract no matter what you offer so show up with a seasonal plan as well as an Annual Contract. I do residential only but I offer a discount based upon the services. Straight cutting what you see is what you get. Fertilizing/Weed control service gets you a 10% discount off the top and Fertilizing/Weed control & Seeding gets a 15% discount off the top. You will make that up doing good work and getting repeat customers. Make it easy to read. I use Copperplate Gothic Bold at a 14 font and can still get everything on both sides of one sheet of paper. Offer several plans, weekly, biweekly and a mix (weekly/biweekly) of each and point out that this will save them money over the year. Having a single monthly payment amount is great as your customer knows exactly how much each month it will cost. Start NOW writing your contract as you will do it many times before you get what you want. Do your best to make it generic rather than for each customer and remember if it ain't written down it does not happen. Always give an out option but to CYA make sure to include abuse of the contract (getting a lower price then cancelling when the season is over) happens only once. I make it clear if this is done you will no longer have a contract option, seasonal rates only. Finally know that every year someone will ask a question that comes out of left field that you never even thought of so be prepared to update your contracts as that happens.
RHSLC
Old 01-14-2015, 11:37 AM
LawnSite Member

Why yearly contracts?

The question I would ask myself before I continued any further would be, "would a yearly contractor help my business grow?" I think that the idea of locking your customers into pricing sounds promising, but I think it can also set up you for failure.

You should also ask yourself what you liked about yearly contractors you've encountered, whether that be with another professional service or with your phone contract. Most people will shop around before they commit to something with a contract, so make sure your prices are competitive and the discount your customers will receive is plentiful enough for them to contract with you.

Best of luck on your endeavors, I hope whatever you do works out and your business succeeds.

-- Colby@TE

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&JPropmaint View Post
I need good advice on Yearly Contracts. I am looking for a way to incorporate services into 1 monthly price.

I am not licensed to do Fert yet in Michigan. So the contract would be for Mowing, Irrigation Start Up / Shut Down, Spring / Fall Cleanup, Snow Removal.

Questions:

1. Will this scare most customers away?
2. How can I calculate this into Monthly Payments
3. Binding / Non Binding Contract?
4. Monthly Charge or Discount for upfront payment for the year or deposit?

If there is a basic formula, or if you have had good or bad experiences with this please let me know.

Thanks

Blade 2 Blade
Old 01-14-2015, 05:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHSLC View Post
Blade 2 Blade: I am getting into this a bit late but here are some pointers that work with commercial or residential contracts. Yes they are good as it brings a steady year long cash flow your way but understand that some people just plain do not want to get into a contract no matter what you offer so show up with a seasonal plan as well as an Annual Contract. I do residential only but I offer a discount based upon the services. Straight cutting what you see is what you get. Fertilizing/Weed control service gets you a 10% discount off the top and Fertilizing/Weed control & Seeding gets a 15% discount off the top. You will make that up doing good work and getting repeat customers. Make it easy to read. I use Copperplate Gothic Bold at a 14 font and can still get everything on both sides of one sheet of paper. Offer several plans, weekly, biweekly and a mix (weekly/biweekly) of each and point out that this will save them money over the year. Having a single monthly payment amount is great as your customer knows exactly how much each month it will cost. Start NOW writing your contract as you will do it many times before you get what you want. Do your best to make it generic rather than for each customer and remember if it ain't written down it does not happen. Always give an out option but to CYA make sure to include abuse of the contract (getting a lower price then cancelling when the season is over) happens only once. I make it clear if this is done you will no longer have a contract option, seasonal rates only. Finally know that every year someone will ask a question that comes out of left field that you never even thought of so be prepared to update your contracts as that happens.
RHSLC
Can you email me a copy of your contract so I can see how yours is written out? kleenkutz@cox.net
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500
7x14 OPEN TRAILER
5x10 OPEN TRAILER
36'' Walker Mower
36" HUSTLER ZTR
48" SCAG ZTR
61" SCAG TT ZTR
4 SRM 266T ECHO TRIMMER
1 SRM 2601 ECHO TRIMMER
2 PE 266 ECHO STICK EDGER
2 PB 770H ECHO BLOWER
1 PB 413H ECHO BLOWER