Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-02-2013, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassdoc View Post
That is absolutely not true about Ferris decks. The ICD deck is a great deck with a great cut. I can stripe Bermuda with it. I have run Exmark, Scag, Snapper, and
Toro. The Ferris deck is as good, and better than most of those.
Everytime I hear about a so called deck problem I would bet 99% are incorrectly setup. It takes a near perfect combo of the right blades, baffle settings and pitch to maximize the benefits of any deck. The makers have no way of knowing what type of grass or other factors the end user are going to have. Too many guys run it out of the box and expect perfect results. A little bit of science to it.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Member

My brother's crew ran the demo model yesterday. Today was my crew's turn. It poured down the rain last night, so the lawns were soaked this morning. It didn't tear up anything. It actually handled the wet yards much better than our normal Z's. The cut was great! I was very surprised. My opinion of the cut has changed drastically. No clumping, even in super thick wet grass. No double cutting. Everything was right the first time. One of my guys ran it most of the day (I am generally all time edger/trimmer guy), but I got to run it a little bit. I loved it. My employee was very happy with is and said he doesn't want to go back to ExMarks or Hustlers or any type of normal Z. He is an older guy, so he really appreciates not having to get up and down of out of the seat of a Z. He loves being able to just hop off of it. Overall everyone is super happy with it. I honestly don't know why there isn't one of these on the back of everyone's trailer, especially us Residential guys. All I know is I'm going to go buy four of them on Monday.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Thinking of buying four Ferris Evolutions...

You're the owner and you do the trimming/edging?
Old 08-15-2013, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightdutylandscape View Post
You're the owner and you do the trimming/edging?
Yeah, I do what I'm best at. I don't like to toot my own horn, but I'm just really good and really fast with a trimmer. I've never worked with anyone faster than me. So I do what I'm best at. Time is money.