Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-30-2013, 03:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn_love View Post
Wow, thanks for all the input guys!

Another question: I understand that there are many different services people offer in the lawn care space, some of which include basic mowing/trimming, tree care, core aeration, fertilization, weed treatment, etc. How did you decide which services to offer? Also, I imagine that some services are more easily included as add-on's to basic lawn care, while others require much more extensive training, licensing or equipment. In your experience, which services are the best to get started with, and which ones should I look at adding on down the line?
Weed control is worth it. I don't know about your personal area but in my area it is worth it.

What I come across is that a lot of home owners are do it your selfers in that aspect along with fertilization. Now on commercial propertys its a different story.

Like wise, in my area we have a far amount of storm damage every summer so tree care and removel is worth it.

So the only solid answer I can give you is that it really depends on the location and the needs of your customers.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

lawn love: You are doomed to failure if you don't learn something about business. Coming on this forum and asking what to charge will do you little good. You must know YOUR cost of doing business( in your specific geographic area) cost of equipment including replacement cost when it comes time; fuel cost; operating your vehicle including maintenance; necessary insurance; licensing; everything the business takes out of your pocket. Then you will know how much you need to put back in your pocket to cover those expenses and still have some profit.

As for what services to offer: what are you capable of doing? The more the better..........as long as you make a profit on each one or if you gain more accounts because of providing more services.

"This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine."

Tags
driving , logistics , newbie