Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-28-2013, 01:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Cub Cadet Enforcer

Frustrated with Cub Cadet enforcer 44. In 2009 I purchased an Commercial Enforcer 44 for residental use just under an acre of grass. I have 135 hours on it and have followed the maintance schedule provided in the manual. The other day the right wheel motor stopped working. Called the dealer right away and they said bring it in sounds like a leak in the system they said. Got a phone call from svc center the other day and they advised that it is 2 months out of warranty and will cost just under $945 to repair.

It seems odd that with only 135 hours a wheel motor should be going bad. They can not figure out why it went bad. Any suggestions from people who have had simlar issues? Really makes you wonder why a commercial grade mower would have major issue with so few hours on it.

take it to a different shop?
try and after market motor?
rebulid it myself?

Thanks
Old 07-28-2013, 07:51 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

First thing I'd do is call Cub Cadet; http://www.cubcadet.com/equipment/cu...atalogId=14101

Explain your situation to them, You really shouldn't have a failed drive unit (no wheel motor) with such low hours if used and maintained as you state.

I've many times went to bat for customers with OEM's and gotten parts only warranty on equipment that was just out, Give them a call and plead your case......

If you can't get satisfaction from Cub, Get a second opinion on the fault..... There's too many rip-off "shops" out there, This isn't a drive unit you want to go into yourself......

"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!