Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-28-2013, 01:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Need opinions on new Husqvarna M-ZT

So I am in the market for a new prosumer - entry level commercial mower for residential use. I have a little over 1 acre to mow and most of the items that are full commercial I have priced out start around 7k and go up from there which seems like a lot considering what I have to mow. I was hoping to see if anyone had any experience with the new Husqvarna M-ZT 52 and 61 models that look new for this year? They dont seem to have too many reviews out for them yet that I can find.

I am mainly concerned with the abilities of the deck. My yard is a former pasture that grows pretty quick and is very thick. It also tends to retain some water in spots. I am currently using a Husqvarna YTH2348 big box store lawn tractor but experience a lot of clippings getting stuck in the deck, having to stop 9-10 times to let the clippings fall from the deck when mowing. I was hoping to get some opinions on the deck of the M-ZT and see if it is comparable to their full commercial line and how it would deal with thicker grass?
Old 07-28-2013, 08:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Interested in opinions on this same model
Old 07-28-2013, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Ya know with an acre I'd just buy a higher end simplicity lawn tractor and call it a day. When you get into the thicker decks your not really going to have a problem.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Member

I've got the 2012 Husqvarna MZ6128 which has similar ZT-3400's, similar frame, etc. For some reason they downgraded the 2013 MZ6128 to notch that MZT model line in. I think the biggest difference is the deck. I've got no problems at all with my Husqvarna. It mows extremely well, clippings get ejected extremely well. My grass (~3.25acre) has been growing like crazy this year. One section (~75' x 150') grows crazier than the rest. I mowed on Wed evening at a height of 3.25". I couldn't mow until Sunday evening and it was over 6" and slightly wet in that section. My Kubota tractor would have left windrows, the ZTR left a few clumps but it mowed it well. I'd recommend them. Will they let you demo?
Old 07-29-2013, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiplemw View Post
I've got the 2012 Husqvarna MZ6128 which has similar ZT-3400's, similar frame, etc. For some reason they downgraded the 2013 MZ6128 to notch that MZT model line in. I think the biggest difference is the deck. I've got no problems at all with my Husqvarna. It mows extremely well, clippings get ejected extremely well. My grass (~3.25acre) has been growing like crazy this year. One section (~75' x 150') grows crazier than the rest. I mowed on Wed evening at a height of 3.25". I couldn't mow until Sunday evening and it was over 6" and slightly wet in that section. My Kubota tractor would have left windrows, the ZTR left a few clumps but it mowed it well. I'd recommend them. Will they let you demo?
Thanks for the info, that sounds pretty similar to what I would be dealing with on my own yard. I don't know on a demo yet. I need to call the local dealer tomorrow to see if they have any in stock but I don't see any on their website. Next closest dealer is 20 miles out, not sure if they would be willing to bring a mower that far for a demo or not.