Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-30-2013, 12:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
Throw a pic up of it. I'd like to see it. Sounds like a odd trailer. For me my 2 trzs would not fit with a v nose on 16ft.
A basic, Bravo Star. It's nothing unusual; just a properly chosen trailer.

I'm fortunate, as I've been around the trailer industry a bit and have a friend who is a dealer. He's really up on what's available and only sells, what he feels, is the best of each segment. This is my second 7'X12', having sold the first one when my life priorities changed.

Just an overall.

The interior. I've added my backpack sprayer, right under the cabinet. All my hand tools go down the right side, just behind the picture cutoff. I've, also, added threaded rod and bungies under the Gladiator tracks, to keep downward pressure on the "S" hooks. This system works great, as it can be reconfigured. I use Fastrap systems.

At a client's property. I'm having my truck windows done this week, to match the trailer. I didn't have the wider, aluminum wheels, 10-ply tires, and WD hitch, at this point.

Disclaimer: I'm not endorsing Bravo Trailers, as it's no Featherlite. When it comes to common brands of trailers, Bravo is above the Haulmarks, Looks, Carry-Ons, etc. But, there are some QC issues I'm not happy with. And, it definitely doesn't pull like a Featherlite. However, it's not priced like a Featherlite, either.

I'm sorry for the T/J.

'14 Hustler X-ONE, 60", Kohler ECV749 EFI
'05 Hustler FasTrak, 42", Honda GXV530
'13 Toro Timemaster 30"
'02 Lawn Boy SilverPro 21"
Stihl BR600 blower
Stihl BG55 blower
Stihl KM55R string trimmer
Stihl KM55R Kombi system
Stihl MS180C chain saw
Echo GT-2000 trimmer
'14 Ariens Compact 24" Sno-Thro snowblower
'08 Troy Bilt Squall 2100 21" snowblower
'06 Chevrolet Silverado
'13 Bravo Star, 7'X12', V-nose
Old 07-30-2013, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I thought it was a 16 ft v nose single axel. That's why I thought it sounded odd. I like it though.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I thought it was a 16 ft v nose single axel. That's why I thought it sounded odd. I like it though.
Thank you.

Hmm. Maybe, you misread the 7'X12'X6'. I wanted the OP to know it was 6' high. I didn't want any extra height, as that further affects mileage.

'14 Hustler X-ONE, 60", Kohler ECV749 EFI
'05 Hustler FasTrak, 42", Honda GXV530
'13 Toro Timemaster 30"
'02 Lawn Boy SilverPro 21"
Stihl BR600 blower
Stihl BG55 blower
Stihl KM55R string trimmer
Stihl KM55R Kombi system
Stihl MS180C chain saw
Echo GT-2000 trimmer
'14 Ariens Compact 24" Sno-Thro snowblower
'08 Troy Bilt Squall 2100 21" snowblower
'06 Chevrolet Silverado
'13 Bravo Star, 7'X12', V-nose
Old 08-19-2013, 12:53 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
That is freaking stupid unless its a short trailer or a small skid. If its a 20 or 24ft trailer your front of your truck is so light in rain if you have to turn hard you will go stright. Plus the most weight a tongue is suspose to have is 1200lbs and that's about the heaviest ball hitch you can get. Most are 600lbs and under tongue weight.
Here is a pic how I haul my Skidsteer This the best way smoothest ride in the truck

I forgot till I loaded pics up from my phone Seen this pic remember this thread
Attached Images

Old 08-19-2013, 07:50 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder's Lawn Inc View Post
Here is a pic how I haul my Skidsteer This the best way smoothest ride in the truck

I forgot till I loaded pics up from my phone Seen this pic remember this thread
That's a goose neck...... you would load infront of the axles on a goose neck anyways.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:57 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
That's a goose neck...... you would load infront of the axles on a goose neck anyways.
You comment on my post #14 and on that post I stated it was a GN

You don't always load in front the axles on GN depends what the load is and how long the GN trailer is
Old 08-19-2013, 08:01 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder's Lawn Inc View Post
You comment on my post #14 and on that post I stated it was a GN

You don't always load in front the axles on GN depends what the load is and how long the GN trailer is
I see that now. I don't think GN hit me as gooseneck.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:08 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

the thing about it, whether it's a single or dual axle trailer (not talking goose neck), how you load it is going to depend on the truck you have it hooked too.

I have personally saw people with a 10'+ single axle load stuff over the axle and toward the rear of the trailer (leaving the front open), hooked to a 1/2 ton or less truck and cause the rear end of the truck to loose grip, thus causing a very serious problem. You always want to keep a single axle trailer load distributed a little heavier toward the hitch to maintain proper down pressure on the rear of the truck. You can do things a little different on a dual axle trailer, but with enough weight, the same principle applies. It comes down not so much to actual numbers as to common sense. If you don't have enough tongue weight, you're going to be pulling up on the rear of a truck, and for a 1/2 ton or less, that could be dangerous.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcbailey View Post
the thing about it, whether it's a single or dual axle trailer (not talking goose neck), how you load it is going to depend on the truck you have it hooked too.

I have personally saw people with a 10'+ single axle load stuff over the axle and toward the rear of the trailer (leaving the front open), hooked to a 1/2 ton or less truck and cause the rear end of the truck to loose grip, thus causing a very serious problem. You always want to keep a single axle trailer load distributed a little heavier toward the hitch to maintain proper down pressure on the rear of the truck. You can do things a little different on a dual axle trailer, but with enough weight, the same principle applies. It comes down not so much to actual numbers as to common sense. If you don't have enough tongue weight, you're going to be pulling up on the rear of a truck, and for a 1/2 ton or less, that could be dangerous.
I don't care if its a half ton, 3/4 ton, or six ton. Negative tongue weight is dangerous. Loads being relative to the truck of course.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:55 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassGuerilla View Post
I don't care if its a half ton, 3/4 ton, or six ton. Negative tongue weight is dangerous. Loads being relative to the truck of course.
true, but usually a person assumes (you know what that gets) that someone with a bigger truck/larger trailer knows a little more. But I have saw guys with a backhoe on the rear of a GMC Top Kick get the rear end loose. But you are exactly right.