Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-09-2012, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Bought the badboy mz today!

The 42 inch with 22hp Kawasaki...thanks to all the people on here that gave me advice.. Bad news is I was going to pick it up tomorrow morning but now I have to go to work out of town for the day..but it's gonna rain all weekend anyway giving more grass to try it out on.. I will post on this thread my thoughts on it as I try it out the first time and try to keep posting as time goes by..
Old 03-09-2012, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Pooswa! That's GOOD! I can't wait to hear your take on the MZ. It's bad wet here in Central Mississippi. Nothing but weeds growing. You'll have your day soon.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Congrats Pooswa! Cant wait to hear what you think of it. Its also crazy wet here (North MS) Think were getting more rain tomorrow. Waiting for the rain to give me a break so I can do some spraying to kill the weeds
Old 03-11-2012, 12:13 AM
LawnSite Member

I had this unit for about 2 weeks and returned it ,,,,,,the cut is ok but it sucks gas horrible,,,,its only good for about 6-7 yards thats it !!
Old 03-11-2012, 09:25 AM
LawnSite Member

I'm jealous. I really want a ZT and have researched the badboy mowers a bit. Their website says the MZ series starts at $2999. Mind if I ask what the Kawasaki upgrade costs? $2999 is stretching it for me already.

I've looked on ebay, craigslist, and in my local papers for a quality used ZT but just haven't been able to find anything in my range that doesn't have 2000 hours on it.

Other problem with Badboy for me is no local dealers. Closest dealer is over an hour away. I do have a Hustler dealer here in town but nothing in my price range there either.

I guess I'll have to look at getting a conventional lawn tractor.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rl53103 View Post
I had this unit for about 2 weeks and returned it ,,,,,,the cut is ok but it sucks gas horrible,,,,its only good for about 6-7 yards thats it !!
Well I only got one yard so im good

[QUOTE=speedster;4345497]I'm jealous. I really want a ZT and have researched the badboy mowers a bit. Their website says the MZ series starts at $2999. Mind if I ask what the Kawasaki upgrade costs? $2999 is stretching it for me already.[\QUOTE]

paid around $3650 total .. I was looking at cheaper ones like cub cadet zero turn but the badboy is a soild built machine and for extra thousand and good upkeep this will last a long time...I was also looking at the hustler sport and they and the badboy are built pretty much the same but for the price of the badboy you get a better and more hp engine..
Old 03-13-2012, 06:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Still haven't picked up mower ...mainly due to having a baby boy a week early(all good and healthy) and also we got 15 inches of rain in 24 hours so left hospital today and couldn't get to my house cause roads all flooded so until roads clear we are staying at the inlaws house..but hopefully by the end of week I'll have it in my garage..
Old 03-13-2012, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Well congrats on the birth, glad to hear he was healthy!
Old 03-13-2012, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

WOW! The wife and baby boy come first! That GREAT! You'll have plenty for mowing once the waters recede. Mother and baby get settled in. And that South Louisiana Sun shines on that grass. Still ain't time here. Nothing but spring weeds. But you know, it's crawfish season! The Boy will be ready by next season for sure!

Old 03-15-2012, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Snuck out of work early and picked up the badboy today.. Did a little small portion of my yard which is still very wet from rain early in week... So far very impressed with this mower cut looks great and had plenty of power in the wet grass.. More thoughts from me after weekend!!

And little jack is doing great!