Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-27-2015, 12:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Rogers Landscaping From Florida

Been following for awhile, I thought it was time to share my own, Im 17 years old, junior in highschool, currently working on getting my business license and insurance policy. I got serious about my company at the beginning of this year, i will post a bunch of pictures, my goals are work increase ofcourse, this school year is almost over, to where I can work all summer, full days. I have one part time guy, and several guys i call when i need extra hands. The equipment I have right now, is a brand new 14x6 enclosed, i traded my 16foot tandem open for and $400, still has a warranty, its a 2800$ Trailer! Then i Recently purchased a 12x6 dump trailer, I have 2 trucks, and my part timer has my logo on his truck, My main truck is a 95 f550 4x4 7.3 powerstroke, 115xxx, flatbed, i love it, then my old truck is a 97 7.3 2wd, 240xxx, i just needed 4x4, wanted a dually, my goals are soon have a skid steer, flatbed gooseneck trailer, and get more into clearing, and strictly landscaping, and get a fulltime lawn maintenance crew, please help me out on what your feelings are, comments concerns, I appreciate it. Pictures to come.

Lawn Maintenance, Landscape Installs, Tree Work, Stone, Dirt, Mulch, Sod, Brush & Land Clearing
Serving Volusia & Flagler County Florida
Age 17
Ford & Powerstroke Diesel Fanatic
Old 05-27-2015, 12:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Some photos, trailers, my new truck, my old truck and workers truck, various jobs, My logo was designed by me on photoshop, the enclosed is ggetting the side logos on next week, i also recently invested in the stihl kombi syetm
Attached Images

Lawn Maintenance, Landscape Installs, Tree Work, Stone, Dirt, Mulch, Sod, Brush & Land Clearing
Age 17
Old 05-27-2015, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Nice setup! I wish I could find one of those older fords without rust in Jersey! Been looking like crazy!
Old 05-27-2015, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki guy View Post
Nice setup! I wish I could find one of those older fords without rust in Jersey! Been looking like crazy!
Thanks man, Yeah I love these old fords, they turn more necks than the newer trucks. They never let me down.

Age 17
Old 05-27-2015, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looking good. We are at very similar points in business. I love those older Fords! I run a 1998 F250 and 1996 F350 dump truck. Both gas though. Your logo is excellent. Very clean and easy to read. You should consider getting both trucks painted the same color (if you plan on keeping them for a while) to build up your brand image. I get people all the time that say "you're the guy with the blue trucks, I've seen you guys around." It really does work. Once you get legal you will make significantly less money so be aware of that. This is my first legal season and the paper work and records is a HUGE pain in the ass.

Ever considered making the flatbed a dump?
16' Trailer w/side gate
Exmark Lazer X Series 60
Exmark Vantage 48
Exmark Turf Tracer 48
Stihl Handhelds
Old 05-27-2015, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC Lawn Care View Post
Looking good. We are at very similar points in business. I love those older Fords! I run a 1998 F250 and 1996 F350 dump truck. Both gas though. Your logo is excellent. Very clean and easy to read. You should consider getting both trucks painted the same color (if you plan on keeping them for a while) to build up your brand image. I get people all the time that say "you're the guy with the blue trucks, I've seen you guys around." It really does work. Once you get legal you will make significantly less money so be aware of that. This is my first legal season and the paper work and records is a HUGE pain in the ass.

Ever considered making the flatbed a dump?
Thank you, I'm still undecided, the flatbed is going gloss black for sure, and rhino line the bed, I'm trying to sell the white truck at the moment, when I need 2 trucks my part timer uses his, the cash I get from the white truck could get me into a skid steer a lot quicker, but then again I know soon I will need 2 trucks , and that would be a great second truck to dedicate to the enclosed. That's what I'm looking to do now, is license and insurance , I'm getting Into some tree work and with a skid steer I need some, it will also make me truly a professional company, that's what I need help on is the paperwork side getting that going, and yes I think I may put a hoist under the flat bed, but no metal sides that are permanent because I like to beable to load pallets on here, prevents taking 2 trucks to most sod jobs.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-22-2015, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Member

A little update, summer is in full swing, i bought a 48in exmark turf tracer, i love it cuts great, been picking up new customers everyweek, tomorrow i have a powerwashing job then a cleanup with mulch at the end, then wednesday a large hedge and palm trimming job, i purchased the hedge trimmer attachment for the stihl kombi, also another extension so i can get the majority from the ground. im considering selling the white truck to get some cash not sure yet, i am starting to climb now, did some queen annes, im really happy how things are going, especially being 17, i have some new marketing ideas, looking at a 16ft open with mesh sides, to have as a utility, and also i do alot of cleanups, that finish off with mulch, i cant do that with the enclosed, and getting the mower in the dump trailer is not fun, i could really use an open trailer misc jobs or large mulch jobs, heres some pics please tell me what you think
Attached Images

Age 17
Old 06-22-2015, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wow awesome stuff. I've never really seen anyone climb palm trees. Doesn't it hurt the bark or leave scars on it?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-23-2015, 07:45 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green-Man View Post
Wow awesome stuff. I've never really seen anyone climb palm trees. Doesn't it hurt the bark or leave scars on it?
Posted via Mobile Device
It does leave marks but they heal up very fast, thanks man
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-23-2015, 07:57 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

You buy that gooseneck trailer on the grey truck?