Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-21-2015, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Bartlett Yardworks Photos

Since I've enjoyed looking at everyone elses photo threads I figured I should start one myself At first the photos won't be in order because I'll be posting ones from last year.

Before. We did this cleanup in two stages so there wouldn't be as many leaves at the end.

After.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Another fall cleanup. I only have photos of the front yard, in the back there is a 20' slope that goes down to a lake which also has to be cleaned up.

Before

After

Last year we had to bag all the leaves in garbage bags, but not this year!
Old 02-22-2015, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Member

I don't have any photos of the smaller stuff but here is some of the trucks, trailer, zero turn and leaf loader I just bought. I'm hoping that towards the end of the season I'll be able to buy a commercial zero turn.

I bought this trailer last fall for a pretty good price.

This was taken right after I bought it last spring.

Last edited by Bartlett Yardworks; 02-22-2015 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like a nice set up. Flip that hitch over on your truck!!!!!!!!! That will make the trailer ride so much better. Im sure you've already done it but I just wanted to bring it up just in case.
Exmark Vantage 48
Exmark Turf Tracer 48
Exmark Turf Tracer 36
Stihl Handhelds
Old 02-22-2015, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC Lawn Care View Post
Looks like a nice set up. Flip that hitch over on your truck!!!!!!!!! That will make the trailer ride so much better. Im sure you've already done it but I just wanted to bring it up just in case.
Thanks! The trailer we were using before had to have it that way so when I picked up this one I didn't have a wrench to change it
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-24-2015, 02:43 PM
LawnSite Member

I suppose I should give a little history of how we got started You can read some on our website:http://bartlettyardworks.com/about/ but I will put more here, I am currently 15 and in 2014 I took over the lawn care business because my brother who was running it got busy with his other business and didnít have time for lawn care, because I was able to able to spend more time working on the business I developed new customer forms and switched accounting software's and did several other things to better keep track of customers. When we started in 2013 we only had two customers so we put posters up and got some accounts that way we also got some through word of mouth but what helped the most was that a local landscaper gave us several lawns that year and in 2014 he gave us 3 pretty good sized lawns that he had just sodded. By the end of 2013 we had 15 lawn customers, In 2014 we put posters out and a few customers through them as well as more through word-of-mouth and had about 30 lawn customers and an additional 9 that are only spring and fall cleanup. Last year I bought a 2006 Ford F450 box truck that we used for a while but the engine went out in it so we had a new one put in this winter, right about the time the box truck quite we were given a 2002 GMC serria that we used to finish the season off and we put lettering on that over Thanksgiving. This year we will be sending out about 1500 postcards and will begin offering curbside leaf removal. we also are known for doing odd jobs so we get a lot of projects that most people wouldnít do, Iíll post some photos later of some of the odd jobs we have done.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Bartlett, Did you make your website yourself or did you pay someone to do it for you? If you made it yourself did you use wix.com or a similar website builder? I'm looking to make my own website but not quite sure where to start.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:53 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj123 View Post
Bartlett, Did you make your website yourself or did you pay someone to do it for you? If you made it yourself did you use wix.com or a similar website builder? I'm looking to make my own website but not quite sure where to start.
Mr brother was the one who built the website. He used a wordpress template to build it.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Member

This was A odd job we got asked to do at a restaurant last spring, what had happened was sometime during the winter their gray water pipe broke and was dumping the grease into the crawl space and nobody noticed anything until the ground warmed up and it started smelling, so we had to scoop the mud out and put it in wheelbarrows and haul it out.

Old 02-26-2015, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey man, nice looking equipment. I'm the same age only I focus on lawn care and landscaping. I would be careful being a jack of all trades though because it can be more profitable to focus on a couple of things and do them VERY well than to do all different types of jobs mediocrely... Just my thoughts, but doing all different types of odd jobs is a great way to generate additional income, but just be careful.

Good luck in 2015!