Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-01-2013, 04:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Husqvarna PZ Series

There may be a few interested in viewing this mower, it seems well thought out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...nGDXv3I#at=556
Old 08-01-2013, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post

Thanks for sharing. Very interesting. More and more companies are going to the isolated platforms. I can speak from experience that they do work and after mowing 5-6 days a week vibration does a number on the body.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Husky was one of the first to have that platform set up. They were also the first to go 18mph with the zt5400's. jimq - a lawn site member was one of the driving forces behind that machine and it really was well thought out and addressed many concerns on lawnsite at the time.

We have an 04 husqvarna z that was top of the line for them at the time and it really had some nice features. I remember our salesman pointing out the anti vibration motor mounts when we were looking at it.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=288680 there it is
Old 08-02-2013, 01:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post

Hoooskavarna.. Makes me grin every time he says it.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

If you take a good look at the CAD drawings that Jim Q posted in the link mag360 provided, you can see the Husky deck is pretty much a mirror image underneath of the 7 Iron Pro deck. Knowing how manu's (especially JD) like to protect their ideas/R&D, I'm sorta surprised JD didn't sue them over it like Exmark tried to do with the ICD deck. Maybe JD learned that it wouldn't go anywhere from that suit.

I've looked at a few of those PZ's over the last couple years. They look like really nice machines to me. I think the fact that they sell low end Husky ZTR's and lawn tractors at places like Lowe's hurts their chances of the PZ's selling as well as they should.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
If you take a good look at the CAD drawings that Jim Q posted in the link mag360 provided, you can see the Husky deck is pretty much a mirror image underneath of the 7 Iron Pro deck. Knowing how manu's (especially JD) like to protect their ideas/R&D, I'm sorta surprised JD didn't sue them over it like Exmark tried to do with the ICD deck. Maybe JD learned that it wouldn't go anywhere from that suit.

I've looked at a few of those PZ's over the last couple years. They look like really nice machines to me. I think the fact that they sell low end Husky ZTR's and lawn tractors at places like Lowe's hurts their chances of the PZ's selling as well as they should.
As far as that goes it looks a lot like the velocity as well. I don't think the style of baffling alone is enough for the suit to stand on. The 6 inch depth and big mouth discharge probably sets it apart enough to avoid the infringement upon the 7 iron. That and it's fabricated and not stamped. There are only so many ways you can position baffling under a deck and it work optimally. Eventually the designs are going to resemble each other.

The PZ's seem like really good machines and the test of time and how they hold up will be the only way they overcome the stigma of their earlier machines like the LZ and IZ's. I have a LZ and before the mods JimQ helped me out with, it was nothing more than a beefed up home owner quality mower. It should have been against the law for that machine to have a commercial decals on it anywhere. Q was not at the company when those mowers were designed and released. Him and a few guys like him were the saving grace of their commercial line of mowers. He also did everything in his power to help me get my LZ up to a grade suitable enough for commercial use. Although he is not at Husky anymore it is because of him the PZ will probably be my next machine. I know what he put into the research and development of that machine.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:08 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Total Lawncare View Post
As far as that goes it looks a lot like the velocity as well. I don't think the style of baffling alone is enough for the suit to stand on. The 6 inch depth and big mouth discharge probably sets it apart enough to avoid the infringement upon the 7 iron. That and it's fabricated and not stamped. There are only so many ways you can position baffling under a deck and it work optimally. Eventually the designs are going to resemble each other.

The PZ's seem like really good machines and the test of time and how they hold up will be the only way they overcome the stigma of their earlier machines like the LZ and IZ's. I have a LZ and before the mods JimQ helped me out with, it was nothing more than a beefed up home owner quality mower. It should have been against the law for that machine to have a commercial decals on it anywhere. Q was not at the company when those mowers were designed and released. Him and a few guys like him were the saving grace of their commercial line of mowers. He also did everything in his power to help me get my LZ up to a grade suitable enough for commercial use. Although he is not at Husky anymore it is because of him the PZ will probably be my next machine. I know what he put into the research and development of that machine.
I get that there are only so many ways to design a deck and agree with you, but the baffling design is what Exmark was suing over, since the baffling is mainly what controls clipping flow, size, and discharge, and gives the UC its "magical" powers. The PZ baffle is the spitting image of the 7 Iron. Way closer than the ICD was to the UC deck baffle, and so is the discharge opening and like I said, knowing Deere fairly well, it is a bit surprising they didn't at least try to make a case of it. The V+ and VX4 both have their front baffles a lot father forward from the blades than the 7 Iron or PZ decks do, and are more "flat" in shape than the PZ and 7 Iron baffles. I also agree that it is doubtful any suit would hold up over, but still surprised they didn't file one.

Jim Q still pops in here every so often, and is as helpful as he ever was when he does. I remember reading through older threads here where Jim was trying to help you (at least I believe it was you). He is a class act and I wish he'd spend more time on here.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:36 AM
LawnSite Member

i have a pz 6034 and it is a beast!!! i have ridden a few mowers and the ride is one of the best i have been on!!
Old 08-05-2013, 12:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
I get that there are only so many ways to design a deck and agree with you, but the baffling design is what Exmark was suing over, since the baffling is mainly what controls clipping flow, size, and discharge, and gives the UC its "magical" powers. The PZ baffle is the spitting image of the 7 Iron. Way closer than the ICD was to the UC deck baffle, and so is the discharge opening and like I said, knowing Deere fairly well, it is a bit surprising they didn't at least try to make a case of it. The V+ and VX4 both have their front baffles a lot father forward from the blades than the 7 Iron or PZ decks do, and are more "flat" in shape than the PZ and 7 Iron baffles. I also agree that it is doubtful any suit would hold up over, but still surprised they didn't file one.

Jim Q still pops in here every so often, and is as helpful as he ever was when he does. I remember reading through older threads here where Jim was trying to help you (at least I believe it was you). He is a class act and I wish he'd spend more time on here.
I see in this pic Husqvarna put a add onto the baffle that might cover them from a law suit. Notice the little black piece in the attachment that is not in the CAD design. I do agree with you though they are pretty close.
Attached Images

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Husqvarna LZ 6127
Husqvarna 7021P
Husqvarna 223L
Husqvarna 170BT
Husqvarna 125B
Stihl FS80
Stihl HS45
Robin Handheld Blower
Sprayers, Hand Tools etc
6.5X12 Trailer