Robin Handheld Blower
Sprayers, Hand Tools etc
6.5X12 Trailer
Old 08-05-2013, 08:55 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Total Lawncare View Post
A pic of the 7 iron 2 for a reference.
Let's get them in the same photo for a closer comparison, thanks for your post.

There are really a lot of similarities.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:41 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
A pic of the 7 iron 2 for a reference.
That deck in your picture is actually the 7 Iron Pro deck. The 7 Iron II has larger anti-blowout plates welded to the front inner baffle and no rear gauge wheels. The Pro had the front baffle redesigned ever so slightly in front of the left blade tip to allow a little more room between it and the blade tip compared to the II deck, a few small changes along its bottom edge and a slight recontouring of the baffle in front of the center blade. The II version is just like the PZ in shape at the front of the left blade. The II version is even closer to the PZ deck than the Pro version.

There's a thread here (the link is at the end of this post) that shows the underside of almost all the most common decks, and talks about the lawsuit. The JD MOD was out before the Ferris ICD deck. The ICD front baffle is a very close copy of the MOD deck excluding the movable gates of the MOD or the turbo baffle at the discharge chute of the ICD. I guess as long as one or two things are changed, that's enough to make it legal to do.

Go to the two JD links below (you may have to wait a couple seconds for everything to load), and click on 360 degree view below the picture of the guy sitting on the machine. The you can scroll any way you want and make the machine move in that direction, including standing it up on its end to view the underside of it. You can also scroll in too zoom for a better view.

7 Iron II on Z720 -
http://www.deere.com/wps/dcom/en_US/...0_series.page?

7 Iron Pro MOD deck-

Link to the thread on mower deck designs and the lawsuit-
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=322546
Old 08-05-2013, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
That deck in your picture is actually the 7 Iron Pro deck. The 7 Iron II has larger anti-blowout plates welded to the front inner baffle and no rear gauge wheels. The Pro had the front baffle redesigned ever so slightly in front of the left blade tip to allow a little more room between it and the blade tip compared to the II deck, a few small changes along its bottom edge and a slight recontouring of the baffle in front of the center blade. The II version is just like the PZ in shape at the front of the left blade. The II version is even closer to the PZ deck than the Pro version.

There's a thread here (the link is at the end of this post) that shows the underside of almost all the most common decks, and talks about the lawsuit. The JD MOD was out before the Ferris ICD deck. The ICD front baffle is a very close copy of the MOD deck excluding the movable gates of the MOD or the turbo baffle at the discharge chute of the ICD. I guess as long as one or two things are changed, that's enough to make it legal to do.

Go to the two JD links below (you may have to wait a couple seconds for everything to load), and click on 360 degree view below the picture of the guy sitting on the machine. The you can scroll any way you want and make the machine move in that direction, including standing it up on its end to view the underside of it. You can also scroll in too zoom for a better view.

7 Iron II on Z720 -

7 Iron Pro MOD deck-

Link to the thread on mower deck designs and the lawsuit-
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=322546
You are right about the UC and the ICD. I didn't see much of a leg to stand on. There is a slight resemblance in the shape of the baffle but the lengths and distance in the angles are off pretty obviously in the pics in that thread link. The PZ and the 7 iron are a xerox down to the shape of the deck shell minus that little piece of re-route attached to the trim side of the baffle and the blowout tabs on the 7 iron2. Well I guess we know its a fact the talk of PZ having a great cut are true because the 7 iron cut has been raved about for years now.

The PZ is built like a tank and the only mower I know of that is beefier than the PZ is the TT cause it is double tubed and shaft driven. For the $$ it looks like you're getting a hell of a mower with the PZ and not having to pay for the green paint or the extra $$ for Scag's top of the line mower. If the fact that Lowes sells Husky homeowner stuff at their stores is keeping the prices down on the commercial equipment then so be it. That's a definite + for the LCO that's looking for a good piece of equipment for a fair price that aren't worried about mimicking what's on everyone else's trailer.

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Husqvarna LZ 6127
Husqvarna 7021P
Husqvarna 223L
Husqvarna 170BT
Husqvarna 125B
Stihl FS80
Stihl HS45
Robin Handheld Blower
Sprayers, Hand Tools etc
6.5X12 Trailer
Old 08-05-2013, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I would have no qualms about owning a PZ. They do look nice and solid (I've seen a couple of used ones) but no one around me carries them at all, not even the Husky dealers that carry all the rest of the Husky lineup. The prices I was quoted a couple years back were as high or higher than the comparative Deere Z's (Deere is cheaper than many other brands around here. Exmark is off the chart high)so that is another strike against them for me, along with the fact I would have had to order it and buy it sight unseen/undriven.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
I would have no qualms about owning a PZ. They do look nice and solid (I've seen a couple of used ones) but no one around me carries them at all, not even the Husky dealers that carry all the rest of the Husky lineup. The prices I was quoted a couple years back were as high or higher than the comparative Deere Z's (Deere is cheaper than many other brands around here. Exmark is off the chart high)so that is another strike against them for me, along with the fact I would have had to order it and buy it sight unseen/undriven.
I could get one down here if I wanted to take a little drive for $9. 60 inch deck with the 34 kawi with the 18 mph transport speed. The comparable Exmark, Scag or Deere would cost me about $12 around here. My local dealer would probably match the price on the PZ if he knew I was willing to take a little trip to get one because like your dealer he dont keep them in stock and would have to order it. He did that when I bought the LZ. He also sells Exmark which is the brand he pushes and sells a lot of. I live in a small town and the Exmark sells well due to the Monkey see Monkey do attitude he's afraid he wouldn't move the PZ's as well I think. The new exmarks just don't impress me anymore, plastic covers and idlers and still want to charge you your first born. Local Scag guy is a dik and hard to deal with. I'd have a Deere in a minute, just don't want to pony up the $ to get the one and I would have to drive 50 miles to the nearest dealer who could service it.

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Husqvarna LZ 6127
Husqvarna 7021P
Husqvarna 223L
Husqvarna 170BT
Husqvarna 125B
Stihl FS80
Stihl HS45
Robin Handheld Blower
Sprayers, Hand Tools etc
6.5X12 Trailer
Old 08-05-2013, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't see anywhere on the website where it says anything about a two speed transmission? The 31hp model says 12 mph top speed.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurbAppealKS View Post
I don't see anywhere on the website where it says anything about a two speed transmission? The 31hp model says 12 mph top speed.
The PZ6034FXZT has the the transport gear. http://www.lawnsite.com/archive/index.php/t-324704.html

That guy JimQ was a employee of Husky and a designer of the mower.

Here is another write up about it.
http://www.tractor-review.com/husqvarna-pz6034fx.html

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Husqvarna LZ 6127
Husqvarna 7021P
Husqvarna 223L
Husqvarna 170BT
Husqvarna 125B
Stihl FS80
Stihl HS45
Robin Handheld Blower
Sprayers, Hand Tools etc
6.5X12 Trailer

Last edited by T Total Lawncare; 08-06-2013 at 12:02 AM.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:05 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I could get one down here if I wanted to take a little drive for $9. 60 inch deck with the 34 kawi with the 18 mph transport speed. The comparable Exmark, Scag or Deere would cost me about $12 around here. My local dealer would probably match the price on the PZ if he knew I was willing to take a little trip to get one because like your dealer he dont keep them in stock and would have to order it. He did that when I bought the LZ. He also sells Exmark which is the brand he pushes and sells a lot of. I live in a small town and the Exmark sells well due to the Monkey see Monkey do attitude he's afraid he wouldn't move the PZ's as well I think. The new exmarks just don't impress me anymore, plastic covers and idlers and still want to charge you your first born. Local Scag guy is a dik and hard to deal with. I'd have a Deere in a minute, just don't want to pony up the $ to get the one and I would have to drive 50 miles to the nearest dealer who could service it.
That's a great description of how it is, and it's exactly the way it is here with everyone running them.

I have heard a lot of guys from the mid south to southern states say that Deere is higher down that way. It's just the opposite here. I don't mean to imply that they are giving them away, but they are less than several other brands. Same with the parts. Everyone says that they are way too expensive from Deere. Not IME.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
The PZ6034FXZT has the the transport gear. http://www.lawnsite.com/archive/index.php/t-324704.html

That guy JimQ was a employee of Husky and a designer of the mower.

Here is another write up about it.
http://www.tractor-review.com/husqvarna-pz6034fx.html
Well that one is from 2010, does the machine still have the 18mph capability?