Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71  
Old 08-19-2013, 12:11 AM
T Total Lawncare's Avatar
T Total Lawncare T Total Lawncare is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The deep south
Posts: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by landers lawn View Post
bermuda in parts of it and zyosia. 3.75 inches
Hard to understand why a deck so deep with more less open baffling and with such a large discharge opening would clump horribly. What type of blades are you using? Maybe it's too much lift for those conditions? What are your other observations of the mower and cut quality under drier conditions? Are those weekly accounts?
__________________

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Husqvarna LZ 6127
Husqvarna 7021P
Husqvarna 223L
Husqvarna 170BT
Husqvarna 125B
Stihl FS80
Stihl HS45
Robin Handheld Blower
Sprayers, Hand Tools etc
6.5X12 Trailer

Last edited by T Total Lawncare; 08-19-2013 at 12:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 08-19-2013, 12:23 AM
landers lawn landers lawn is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: memphis tn
Posts: 41
i dont have a whole lot of yards. the ride is awesome and i love everything about it. i am using some high lift blades that jim q recommended! and this yard is a weekly yard. i used the lower lifts when i got it and it missed stalks badly. these blades i am using now get the stalks but clump horribly. the other blades also clumped!!!
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 08-19-2013, 02:27 PM
arl250's Avatar
arl250 arl250 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sandy Ridge NC
Posts: 103
I had the Dixon version of the 6029 and the deck was awsome unless I was cutting really tall grass it never clumped that wasn't my reason for getting rid of it... it was the fact that after 400 hrs I had already installed two sets of deck bearings and all the idler pullys on the deck were shot... this along with bad dealer support made me turn to a scag and I hg aven't looked back since although my scag g seems to clump a little more in the wet stuff I'd rather spend time spreading out clumps than working on my mower
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 08-19-2013, 04:01 PM
JimQ's Avatar
JimQ JimQ is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Beatrice, NE
Posts: 1,128
Hi Landers,

Honestly, trying to be as unbiased as possible, I can say the discharge quality of the PZ deck and performance in wet conditions is right up there with the best of them. Velocity Plus, 7 Iron, Etc...

The only thing that comes to mind is, the discharge chute. I'm not a big fan of the design. It's a formed rubber chute and it can sag and interfere with the discharge. There are better designed chutes out there. Do you cut with yours up or down? I know a lot of guys just take them off and throw them in the corner. It makes a significant improvement in discharge performance. (read in a bunch of safety disclaimers here...)

Q
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 08-19-2013, 05:12 PM
T Total Lawncare's Avatar
T Total Lawncare T Total Lawncare is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The deep south
Posts: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by arl250 View Post
I had the Dixon version of the 6029 and the deck was awsome unless I was cutting really tall grass it never clumped that wasn't my reason for getting rid of it... it was the fact that after 400 hrs I had already installed two sets of deck bearings and all the idler pullys on the deck were shot... this along with bad dealer support made me turn to a scag and I hg aven't looked back since although my scag g seems to clump a little more in the wet stuff I'd rather spend time spreading out clumps than working on my mower
Idler pulleys ive never had a problem with which the LZ and PZ are the same. spindle bearings are a another story. I've learned that pulling my trailer under the shed when not in use has been the difference in spindle life. Rain eventually ends up seeping in if the mower is left out in the weather constantly. Were you speaking of the spindle bearings?
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 08-19-2013, 06:15 PM
tshank tshank is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Floyd, VA
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Total Lawncare View Post
Interesting observation on the Husky deck vs the Triton. There are hundreds of post on this board that say the Triton Decks were horrible and yours is the first one I've read that says the Husky clumps..
Been a crazy year. Mixture of fine and wide blade fescue, clover, and weeds. Cutting usually every 7 - 10 days taking of 2 - 3" or more. Grass has been so sappy it's been aggravating. My bragging on the Triton was after the humidity dropped and things dried out a little for the first time in ages. Husky clumps are big and heavy enough that on 2nd pass blades won't pick up and distribute. Cutting right at 4".
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 08-19-2013, 06:45 PM
tshank tshank is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Floyd, VA
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimQ View Post
Hi Landers,

Honestly, trying to be as unbiased as possible, I can say the discharge quality of the PZ deck and performance in wet conditions is right up there with the best of them. Velocity Plus, 7 Iron, Etc...

The only thing that comes to mind is, the discharge chute. I'm not a big fan of the design. It's a formed rubber chute and it can sag and interfere with the discharge. There are better designed chutes out there. Do you cut with yours up or down? I know a lot of guys just take them off and throw them in the corner. It makes a significant improvement in discharge performance. (read in a bunch of safety disclaimers here...)

Q
Using the hi-lifts with a Qwik Chute OCDC. Until a deck clean-out and new blades the Exmark was the worst cutting mach. I ever saw. And man is it slow. Cutting speed about right, transport speed is terrible. The Diesel is adv. as a 14 mph mach.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 08-19-2013, 09:06 PM
arl250's Avatar
arl250 arl250 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sandy Ridge NC
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Total Lawncare View Post
Idler pulleys ive never had a problem with which the LZ and PZ are the same. spindle bearings are a another story. I've learned that pulling my trailer under the shed when not in use has been the difference in spindle life. Rain eventually ends up seeping in if the mower is left out in the weather constantly. Were you speaking of the spindle bearings?

Yes the spindle bearing went out twice on mine it never saw rain except the day I brought it home... and the idler pullys already had alot play and made a constant roar. And it had a Kawasaki fx801 and I never liked that engine it would smoke like crazy on start up and used two quarts every 100 hrs. Other than that it was built like a tank and i really liked the more compact feel of it just the little things were driving me crazy
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 08-19-2013, 10:30 PM
T Total Lawncare's Avatar
T Total Lawncare T Total Lawncare is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The deep south
Posts: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by arl250 View Post
Yes the spindle bearing went out twice on mine it never saw rain except the day I brought it home... and the idler pullys already had alot play and made a constant roar. And it had a Kawasaki fx801 and I never liked that engine it would smoke like crazy on start up and used two quarts every 100 hrs. Other than that it was built like a tank and i really liked the more compact feel of it just the little things were driving me crazy
My spindles are a little different than yours. I am running the prototypes of those on a non tunnel ram flat deck compliments of JimQ. Initially the spindles had the same problem as yours til I tore them down and replaced the Chinese bearings with Timkens. I went through 6 spindles that ran the Chinese bearings. It was partly my fault due to leaving the mower out in the weather during the cutting season. My spindles were sealed non greasable so eventually rain would run down my deck and fill them up. The version you run are slotted on the bottom to let the water out and greasable. I figured that would correct the issues I had with mine. After I replaced the bearings and shedded the mower my spindles have been trouble free. There is little quality control on those Chinese bearings to start with and I imagine if your mower is under warranty they'll just keep replacing the spindles with more with the same bearings. When that warranty goes out I recommend you rebuild them like I did with some quality parts and that problem will be solved..
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 08-20-2013, 12:16 AM
landers lawn landers lawn is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: memphis tn
Posts: 41
i run a bagger on my machine. so the discharge shoot is not on there. the yard i cut and was complaining about i dont bag. just to clarify!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:27 AM.

Page generated in 0.08263 seconds with 8 queries