Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-03-2013, 01:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Pricing Advice

Hey Guys:

Mowing as a summer job. Living in a townhome community. Wanted some advice on how to firmly price customers.

Customers seem to take advantage on overgrown grass, using me as such a low rate.

Do you guys charge more based on the height of the grass.

Realisticly, a self-propelled mower, becomes a push mower with THICK THICK grass.

Thanks
Old 08-03-2013, 01:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If the grass is real bad, I'll charge more for the first cut. I will cut up to 3 times, and bag if needed, to get the grass down and looking tidy. From there I'll charge normally. I would only do this for clients that want a regular lawn cut, not one-time deals. For the latter, I charge pretty high. But most of the time I only do it for people who want me to come back. For example, if a lawn was normally $35, I'd charge $50 for the first cut. If they didn't want regular lawn maintenance, and just a one-time deal, then I would charge $60-$70. Just examples... hope this helps
Old 08-03-2013, 04:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeklandscaping View Post
If the grass is real bad, I'll charge more for the first cut. I will cut up to 3 times, and bag if needed, to get the grass down and looking tidy. From there I'll charge normally. I would only do this for clients that want a regular lawn cut, not one-time deals. For the latter, I charge pretty high. But most of the time I only do it for people who want me to come back. For example, if a lawn was normally $35, I'd charge $50 for the first cut. If they didn't want regular lawn maintenance, and just a one-time deal, then I would charge $60-$70. Just examples... hope this helps
Sounds good! Thanks