Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-03-2013, 09:01 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Kichler & Suppliers in General Question

Years ago here in Austin Water Zone had great prices on Kichler products. Once they were purchased by Horizon they started moving towards pushing Vista and stopped stocking Kichler.

I switched to using Cascade for lights and transformers since they seem to have good prices even with shipping factored in. Horizon still has good pricing on wire. With the exception of just retro fitting all the Kichler lights at my home with LED bulbs I had really not been focusing on lighting for a few years but that is going to change.

I'm trying to get up to date on who the best suppliers are for quality LED bulbs and wondering if there are any other suppliers like Cascade that I'm not aware of. I wish Cast didn't have such a rigid distribution network. I really like their transformers but I have to drive 30 miles to the only place that sells them in the whole Austin metro area.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 08-03-2013, 09:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Good morning. I oversee all lighting sales for Horizon in Texas and Im fully aware of the Kichler thing. We have pulled Kichler off our shelves in the past, but that was before my time here. We can still order it from our California Horizon stores where they stock it very heavily. Getting Kichler is no problem at all now. With Kichler installers like yourself and others we can justify stocking that line if we get enough transfers from Cali. As of right now we sell Kichler and stock Vista, Unique, and FX. You mentioned LEDS. All of our vendors provide intergrated LED and we have drop ins by Unique, Brilliance, and Vista. Let me know if I can help you.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Member

If you noticed when you came in last time we have more stock available now. We are going through some transitions and the main one is going to be product availability.
512-632-9621
Old 08-04-2013, 10:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

We have been purchasing all of our Kichler product from Horizon with good pricing and great results. I know everyone has their opinions, but Kichler is what we install 99% of the time or unless specified otherwise.

Out of close to 500 fixtures, we had one that required a warranty swap.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:08 PM
LawnSite Member

That is great feed back and I will pass that positive comment to the guys in your area. I had a chance to tour the Kichler factory in Ohio and was amazed with how and what they put their product through with series of scenarios like impact test, extreme temperature test, etc. The Gen 2 stuff is no joke. It is in my opinion the best Low voltage line in the market today.
512-632-9621
Old 08-04-2013, 02:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERAM View Post
Good morning. I oversee all lighting sales for Horizon in Texas and Im fully aware of the Kichler thing. We have pulled Kichler off our shelves in the past, but that was before my time here. We can still order it from our California Horizon stores where they stock it very heavily. Getting Kichler is no problem at all now. With Kichler installers like yourself and others we can justify stocking that line if we get enough transfers from Cali. As of right now we sell Kichler and stock Vista, Unique, and FX. You mentioned LEDS. All of our vendors provide intergrated LED and we have drop ins by Unique, Brilliance, and Vista. Let me know if I can help you.
Send me a PM with pricing on the 15384, 15310, and the 15661 in AZT finish. On LED retrofit I'd like to see what the 921 and MR16 prices are. I know with the 15310 LED's I just used at my house from Cascade we ended up using the actual Kichler units since the availability of LED's for open fixtures was limited.

For comparisons sake give me the Kichler Pro Series Transformer pricing as well.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/