Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-09-2013, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy_Swan View Post
A local Bobcat dealer just started selling mahrinda Tractors, going go check one out tmr, looked that there website they look pretty decent, and prices are good for the bigger motels. I swear with some the USA big name machines your just paying for the paint some times. I had a Deere 2305 for my house few yrs ago, it was two years old, had it for few months, hydro tranny went out.. $3500 latter I got it fixed.. was not impressed.
Not to throw off on any brands (that are green) but you are right, in a lot of cases comparing apples to apples they are in some situations thousands of dollars more expensive.

We've got a client who owns a 300 acre farm. He has 2 85HP Agco, a 65HP JD and a 50HP Kubota. He says they each have a role, but he's always had the least amount of headaches from the Kubota, which is also the oldest by 5 years.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Ya alot of the big name tractor companies are definately capitalizing on the "paint" by charging more. I was in the market last year for a small compact tractor and wasnt impressed by the JD's in the 25-40 hp models. the rear fenders are fiberglass and just look chinsy. i settled on a 28 hp mahindra that has all metal fenders cost less, has a reliable engine and a great warranty and my dealer support is phenomenal so it was a no brainer. If the kubota's werent so damn expensive I probably would have got one but I settled on a bigger mahindra thats the cost of a smaller kubota.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVL LLC View Post
Ya alot of the big name tractor companies are definately capitalizing on the "paint" by charging more. I was in the market last year for a small compact tractor and wasnt impressed by the JD's in the 25-40 hp models. the rear fenders are fiberglass and just look chinsy. i settled on a 28 hp mahindra that has all metal fenders cost less, has a reliable engine and a great warranty and my dealer support is phenomenal so it was a no brainer. If the kubota's werent so damn expensive I probably would have got one but I settled on a bigger mahindra thats the cost of a smaller kubota.
Funny, around here the Kubotas are by far cheaper than the equivalent JD. There's not a Mahindra dealer within 50 miles, so they are somewhat out of the question. There's a Branson dealer, but I'd rather do everything by hand...
Old 08-09-2013, 01:24 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcbailey View Post
Funny, around here the Kubotas are by far cheaper than the equivalent JD. There's not a Mahindra dealer within 50 miles, so they are somewhat out of the question. There's a Branson dealer, but I'd rather do everything by hand...
Ya kubota are 2k cheaper than msrp here on the stuff I've seen and 4k+ cheaper than anything else around.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

When I recently upgraded from a Kubota BX to a B, the dealer quoted me a price of $2160 cheaper than listed when you spec one out on Kubota's site.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:57 AM
LawnSite Member

Mahindra, NH, are just rebadged tractors, why by the name when the actual product can be bought for less?
Old 08-10-2013, 09:08 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20/20 View Post
Mahindra, NH, are just rebadged tractors, why by the name when the actual product can be bought for less?
NH has been part of Case/IH for a few years now (CNH), before they were part of the huge AGCO conglomerate. Mahindra is not a re-badged tractor, they are brand which is probably one of the largest farm companies in the world.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:17 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I love my mahindra 5010(actually on it now bushhogging). I priced every brand before I bought. The price difference on a kubota/deere spec out the exact same as my mahindra was around $15k more. With the savings I could have bought another smaller tractor also.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Mahindra's are awesome. I love the dealer supoport ive gotten so far and I think that in the next few years they will be gaining more popularity and opening more dealerships.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcbailey View Post
NH has been part of Case/IH for a few years now (CNH), before they were part of the huge AGCO conglomerate. Mahindra is not a re-badged tractor, they are brand which is probably one of the largest farm companies in the world.
Mahindra and NH compacts were both built by LS at one time. (I believe LS was called LG at the time). As you can see by the following Mahindra is also included as being rebadged. I guess we could say it's not rebadged but it sure was the same machine at one time. This is my point, why buy a name when you can get the same or something even better for a lower price? I own an LS now, although it looks like a NH it is twice the machine, MUCH better design including a much heavier duty FEL. Just my opinion, everyone is entitled to one, I just believe that my $$$$ is just as green as the corporation selling the product. Why should I help _____ name brand get rich while screwing myself over, when a equal or even better product is out there?

LS is associated with Mitsubishi tractors of Japan for technology, and many tractors are based on Mitsubishi designs, as well as use Mitsubishi engines. LS also imports New Holland tractors to resell as LS-New Holland in South Korea. They originally formed an agreement with Fiat, which later purchased New Holland from Ford. New Holland is now a division of CNH Global).

Badge Engineering

Tractors have been sold under Various names for different markets:
◾ Europe - ?
◾ North America - they have been sold as LG Montana, Montana, Mahindra, Farmtrac LandTrac, LongAgri LandTrac, McCormick Tractors, Landini, TAFE and as LS.
◾ South Korea - GoldStar, Fiat-GoldStar, LG Tractors, LG-Fiat, LG-New Holland, LS and LS-New Holland brands
◾ United Kingdom - LS-built tractors are sold as McCormick Tractors and Landini.

Tags
bobcat , compact tractor , hydroseed