Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-13-2013, 08:27 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20/20 View Post
Mahindra and NH compacts were both built by LS at one time. (I believe LS was called LG at the time). As you can see by the following Mahindra is also included as being rebadged. I guess we could say it's not rebadged but it sure was the same machine at one time. This is my point, why buy a name when you can get the same or something even better for a lower price? I own an LS now, although it looks like a NH it is twice the machine, MUCH better design including a much heavier duty FEL. Just my opinion, everyone is entitled to one, I just believe that my $$$$ is just as green as the corporation selling the product. Why should I help _____ name brand get rich while screwing myself over, when a equal or even better product is out there?

LS is associated with Mitsubishi tractors of Japan for technology, and many tractors are based on Mitsubishi designs, as well as use Mitsubishi engines. LS also imports New Holland tractors to resell as LS-New Holland in South Korea. They originally formed an agreement with Fiat, which later purchased New Holland from Ford. New Holland is now a division of CNH Global).

Badge Engineering

Tractors have been sold under Various names for different markets:
◾ Europe - ?
◾ North America - they have been sold as LG Montana, Montana, Mahindra, Farmtrac LandTrac, LongAgri LandTrac, McCormick Tractors, Landini, TAFE and as LS.
◾ South Korea - GoldStar, Fiat-GoldStar, LG Tractors, LG-Fiat, LG-New Holland, LS and LS-New Holland brands
◾ United Kingdom - LS-built tractors are sold as McCormick Tractors and Landini.
mccormick is a division of AGCO just like white and challenger, and Fendt. Mahindra's are made in india and LS is made in South Korea. Fiat has made their own tractors for years. Montana broke away from LS tractors only selling in the US and bought farmtrac. Talk about confusing.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:37 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
mccormick is a division of AGCO just like white and challenger, and Fendt. Mahindra's are made in india and LS is made in South Korea. Fiat has made their own tractors for years. Montana broke away from LS tractors only selling in the US and bought farmtrac. Talk about confusing.
Yep it is confusing and by the looks of things products switch makers often My point was that at one time LS(or at the time LG) did make the Mahindra tractor. I believe LS is now labeled LS because they are trying to get into their own line instead of producing for other companies. I'm not sure how much they're involved with NH anymore either???
Old 08-13-2013, 08:42 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20/20 View Post
Yep it is confusing and by the looks of things products switch makers often My point was that at one time LS(or at the time LG) did make the Mahindra tractor. I believe LS is now labeled LS because they are trying to get into their own line instead of producing for other companies. I'm not sure how much they're involved with NH anymore either???
LS is owned by hyundai.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:27 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
LS is owned by hyundai.
That was true in 1975 till 83 but no longer
Quote:
In 1983, the former GoldStar Cable Company acquired the company and renamed it GoldStar tractors.
In 1995 they changed the name to LG then I believe they changed to LS in 2009 when they wanted to sell for themselves.

Tags
bobcat , compact tractor , hydroseed