Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-21-2013, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

if they care that much they can just have your payment blocked. also, i never bill weekly. in fact i'v gained work because the last guy billed weekly and the client didnt like it. no other industry bills weekly.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
if they care that much they can just have your payment blocked. also, i never bill weekly. in fact i'v gained work because the last guy billed weekly and the client didnt like it. no other industry bills weekly.
I don't dought that some people don't like it. But i also have been told the oposite in that they like not having a " large monthly bill". So it goes both ways

The same people that would block a credit card payment for $40 bucks is the same guy that will bounce your check for $160. The difference is, I billed him 3 days after I did the work. I am now aware of the problem. It's only $40 so it shouldn't be too hard for him to fix. I mow 2 more weeks and if its not, I may stop service. You mowed 4 weeks, sent an invoice. He didn't pay it for 3 weeks, and then you figured you you had a problem. Or the guy bounced the check which cost you $30 bucks, and it took an extra week to get notified. So your into it for 8 weeks

There is only a handful of industries that operate on a visit once per week basis. And yes some do.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:23 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee24 View Post
There is only a handful of industries that operate on a visit once per week basis. And yes some do.
not disputing you, ligitimatly courious. which ones?
Old 08-22-2013, 12:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
not disputing you, ligitimatly courious. which ones?
I have seen house cleaning companies, pool cleaning.

Other, non weekly industries, plumbers, hvav, electricians, water well/water conditioning, septic companies, carpet cleaning services - all ask for payment upon completion of work.

The closest , common industry to our own that does monthly billing as an industry whole is trash pick up service when it's not provided by the city
Old 08-22-2013, 01:02 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

its raining and I think I left my garbage open.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Most of the rain is missing us here. It's pretty dry
Old 08-22-2013, 01:10 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

we have had a lot of good rain. but its getting dry. this rain Willy be nice if we get enough. lightning. we may get enough.

iv got a lawn I put sod down. not much sun. the sod got real patchy. I'm letting it grow out but irate still patchy. they are watering it. do you think there is not enough nutriants in the soil? if that is the case would sprinkling top soil help? fertilizer is really just nitrogen which makes it grow but does not really add vitimins and minirals. I did over seed with shady seed hoping that will take over as the kbg dies off.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Couldn't say with out seeing it. We had the same problem with a client. The over seeding seemed to help but who knows how long that will last. We replaced it once for him at no charge. Although I'm sure it didn't have anything todo with letting it grow for 2 weeks prior to mowing, then mowing it down to 1.5 inches even though we advised against it. Customer is always right-

Try spreading gysum. I'm no expect with it, but I have been told it can lower the ph into levels that "allow the plant to use those nutrients". Or so I was told.