Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-31-2000, 04:03 PM
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I agree with a lot of these posts here. Another thought is, charge here for 50 minutes of mowing. Adjust the price up to where you can make money. In other words, charge here for example $60 for a 21&quot; cut or $30 for a Walker cut. I'm sure she will pick the Walker cut, especially if you do a good job with it. If she wants the $60 cut, you will still make money. If she doesn't want either, move on.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://elmlawnsite.com/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>
Old 07-31-2000, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

After using a riding mower, you wont like using a 21&quot;. I don't even take 21&quot; mower jobs any more. Just send her a nice letter stating that you will no longer be able to provide her with lawn services. If you keep her and use the rider she&quot;ll knit-pick your work.
Old 07-31-2000, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

turn down you using that big ole heavy walker...? heck! I had an elderly lady hate my 48 wb. after I used the 48 several times I used her 21 inch one time and that was it. I said I used the 48 wb or I was hitting the the highway. she even pitched me out a couple of tin cans to kick as I went looking for another yard to cut!<p>I got even though! that fall she called me and asked if I'd &quot;like to come pick up her leaves&quot;. I politely declined explaining that year I was only picking up leaves for the people that I mowed for. yessssss!<p>GEO
Old 08-02-2000, 03:45 PM
LawnSite Member

I DONT WORK FOR MY NEIHBORS