Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-05-2013, 02:44 AM
LawnSite Member

If you want something noise cancelling, you could look in to the headphones used for drumming. They are typicaly 25 or so Db of attenuation. Also, they have jacks on the head phones themselves, so when something happens where you would have ripped the cord from a normal set, they just unplug. Makes swapping a defective cord easy.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Which are better? Ryobi or the Worktunes? I've been using the Worktunes for several years but have wanted to try the Ryobi's.
http://www.klawns.com
Old 08-05-2013, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerman90 View Post
Which are better? Ryobi or the Worktunes? I've been using the Worktunes for several years but have wanted to try the Ryobi's.
The Ryobi's are rechargeable. So if you forget to charge them, then you have no tunes. The AA batteries in my worktunes last about a month. I just keep a replacement set of batteries in the truck.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:01 AM
LawnSite Member

You guys may want to look into the bluetooth headphones, all smartphones have bluetooth so you don't have to deal with cords. I have been using ear buds while I mow my yard with my ZTRand do blowing, edging, weeding etc but the cord drives me nuts so I'm going wireless and noise cancelling they are better for your hearing as well.

Just something to think about.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:38 PM
LawnSite Member

I have the worktunes and couldn't imagine a day of mowing without them.
(2) 2012 bobcat 48'' classic pro wb's
stihl br 600 backpacks
husky saws, trimmers, etc...
18' Doolittle enclosed trailer
monster 18hp truck loader
yanmar vio40 excavator
Old 08-24-2013, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Member

So who makes a good bluetooth NR pair?
Old 08-25-2013, 08:41 AM
LawnSite Member

as a musician by profession....unless you block the outside noise while you are just going to turn up the headphones way to loud for safe hearing levels over long periods.
You need to consider spending around $100-300 on good sound isolating In-Ear Monitors
in ear monitors are what most pro musicians use these days instead of the floor wedge speakers for monitors. You will see them on american idol and suck with the things in their ears...that what they are using.

Anyways, back to your original scenario, can you use earbuds in conjunction with a set of over the ear muffs? yes, but i tend to think they are quite uncomfortable.

Some of you guys may be turned off by the price i mentioned spending just for earphones....ill say this...you only get one set of ears....protect them....my in ear monitors cost $1200 and it is well worth it in my case

looks up brands like...
ultimate ears, westone, alien ears, J harvy audio, and sesiphonics....they have what i am talking about
Old 08-25-2013, 09:00 AM
LawnSite Member

We use WorkTunes it's a digital am/fm radio, Noise reduction is 22 decibels and mp3/Ipod hook up. They are ear muffs, with my doctor saying ear buds trap more junk in your ear and the ear muff is better for your ears. I've tried the ear buds before but had to crank up the volume way to high. WorkTunes cancels out so much noise your music on the head phones is at a normal volume where your not blowing out your ear drum. They use 2AA batteries for the radio, and we get them at Lowe's for $50, a great investment to protect your ears and enjoy some music. We love em so much we keep a new one in the truck if one goes down or gets lost.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:17 AM
LawnSite Member

Noise Cancelling Ear buds

I wanted something to protect my ears and listen to music. I purchased Bose QC 20 ear buds. They are rechargeable and work very well. They take the sound of my Gravely to a slight hum. The cost was $300 and you get a 30 day trial if bought directly from Bose. If you don't like them, send them back. I am impressed with these.

BR
Old 08-25-2013, 10:51 AM
LawnSite Member

WorkTunes look ok but are they bluetooth to your iPhone?