Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-05-2013, 09:27 AM
LawnSite Member

Gravely Questions

So my trusty F935 is finally at the point where I don't want to put any more money into it and the whole PTO system needs to be replaced. So, I am looking at Gravely, partially because that is the closest dealer to me and I have been working with them on my John Deere and Stihl equipment already. I mow about 5 acres a week, and currently have a 72" deck so I don't want to go smaller than a 60". I think I have it narrowed down to the Pro Turn or the Pro Turn 100. My question is in the field, what are the real differences between the two, and is it worh the extra money to get the 100. Also, along those lines, which engine option is the best?
Old 08-07-2013, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Member

I bought a 152 earlier this year with a Kawasaki FX and love it. I was really interested in the Pro Turn but after sitting on it then the 100 series, I knew the suspension seat on the 100 series it was the way to go. The 100 series engines have the heavy duty air filter and hydros. Mowing 5 acres a week, I would at a minimum get the 100 series.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:21 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for your reply. After going to the dealer and looking at them in person I totally agree. The 100 series looks to be much more of a commercial mower than the Pro Turn. I test drove a 152, and a JD Z915B at that dealer, and believe it or not, the JD felt much better. I actually ended up going for a Ferris IS 2000Z. The ride on the full suspension Ferris was amazingly smooth, and since the wife does most of the mowing and we have some rough spots in the yard, that was the #2 priority behind gettign something that will last 15 or 20 years. It should be delivered any minute now, so once I get home from work I will get to see how it cuts.