Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-05-2013, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Licensing and insurance

I'm looking to get licensed and insured very soon and was wondering what I should expect to pay. City and county business licenses are about $100, am I missing something? I will not be spraying round up or anything to start. Have you all found one place better than another when it comes to insurance? I'm not too worried about hurting someone, but mostly sending a rock through a Mercedes windshield or something like that. Is there anything I need to make sure the policy specifically covers? I would imagine there are already threads about this, but the search feature doesn't show up on my phone and that is all I have access to right now.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Member

It varies go see Michael Garrett at 301 south ridge wood and talk to him it varies from city to city so the members on here won't help much but he can and he is a really nice guy.

The business license is the easy part dealing with the taxes is where it gets painful.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtLikeLandscapes View Post
It varies go see Michael Garrett at 301 south ridge wood and talk to him it varies from city to city so the members on here won't help much but he can and he is a really nice guy.

The business license is the easy part dealing with the taxes is where it gets painful.
Thanks for the info. Have you personally used him, or did you look someone up in my area? Just wondering if I should say you referred me if or when I see him. I only say if because my dad might know someone and I'll find that out when I get back in town.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:57 PM
LawnSite Member

He Is the manager for the city you don't have to say anyone referred you just work with him and he will get you set up. I have worked your area a lot but I only do HOA,CDD and builder installs and maintenance. I own two houses down there in Ormond.