Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-10-2013, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I got 5 scheduled for tomorrow after church
Old 08-12-2013, 02:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

2011 was like that for me.. It was the wettest in our city's recorded history, followed in 2012 with one of our hottest & worst droughts ever... This season we're getting decent rain, not washouts like you guys but the temps have been so low & cloudy it seems like everyday.. Lawns look really awesome here this season..
Old 08-12-2013, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Our fescue lawns are looking awesome, no brown patch like is usual by this time in the season. I guess we can expect a drought next year?
Old 08-13-2013, 12:21 AM
LawnSite Member

Yes it has rained darn near every day here. Very frustrating for sure. We mostly do large communities, and it's very tough when you get half way through and the bottom falls out. We just have been doing the best we can. Most of our clients have been very understanding. Man I can't wait until fall, which appears to me is going to come early this year.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The grass the past 4-5 days has been growing like CRAZY! how is it in newnan? i bumped up my mowers to 2.5" today and i was still double cutting and raking half of the lawns. Raking the clippings off lawns in august...

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Old 08-13-2013, 04:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Alex, yes our grass exploded over the weekend here, but it's been growing very fast all summer. The real challenge has been the shrubs though. I swear I can stand in the street and watch the lora petalums grow...
Old 08-13-2013, 04:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I feel your pain. I've got 1 one-time cut to do this evening for a guy that flagged me down yesterday (supposed to have a night off), 5 tomorrow, 6 thursday, and 2 friday morning before I leave for Hilton Head for my bachelor party weekend. I got 7 done yesterday between storms. It was wet, clumpy, and messy but they got done. I do this part time on top of my day job so I hope and pray to get them done on time.

I've had a few customers ask why I was mowing in the rain or after rain, I basically said, if I waited til the weather was perfect, I would never get to mow and the lawns would be 2' tall. Most have the light bulb moment and say... Yeah good point and haven't made any other comments.

Last week, the etowah river near my house crested its banks, I haven't seen that since the floods back in sept '09.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Non stop raining in Morristown, Tn
Old 08-13-2013, 05:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Rains everyday day here in cobb vounty
Old 08-13-2013, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Good news everyone! The meteorologist just announced that a northwestern flow of air will cause the rain to INCREASE for the next 10 days! Screw you Mother Nature!

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!