Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-21-2013, 08:42 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexschultz1 View Post
drought, monsoon, feast or famine, its always ok to drink a cold one ahaha. Heck, i brew my own just for the zombie apocalypse. I'm still trying to perfect a banana bread beer. If you ever come across this beer, buy it! I love craft beer, and this one tastes like fresh baked banana bread mixed with a nice lager.

http://www.wellsandyoungs.co.uk/home...ana-bread-beer
I'm just a couple hrs up the road I'll look around for it and let you know what I think, It's not like I have grass to cut LOL

Last edited by cpllawncare; 08-21-2013 at 08:47 AM.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Guess what?!?! .... It's raining...
Old 08-21-2013, 09:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just attempted to cut a property...didn't go so well. I got the mower stuck lol. I had to pull it out with another mower. Thank god it got stuck in a pinestraw bed so once I got it out I just fluffed up the straw so you couldn't tell. This weather is starting to get on my nerves. I'm so behind and when I go out and attempt to cut, bad things happen. All the properties are overgrown, look horrible. The weeds are out of control also. I hope I'm not the only one in this boat.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmarkking View Post
I just attempted to cut a property...didn't go so well. I got the mower stuck lol. I had to pull it out with another mower. Thank god it got stuck in a pinestraw bed so once I got it out I just fluffed up the straw so you couldn't tell. This weather is starting to get on my nerves. I'm so behind and when I go out and attempt to cut, bad things happen. All the properties are overgrown, look horrible. The weeds are out of control also. I hope I'm not the only one in this boat.
You're definitely not alone in the flooded boat sailing toward the water fall. Another 2" last night
Old 08-21-2013, 10:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I makes me feel a little better, not that others are struggling, but I'm not the only one running into issues trying to maintain these priperties
Old 08-21-2013, 12:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I just told all my clients that we are going to be focusing on the flower beds and hedges this week. Buckhead just got NAILED with rain, it probably just dumped 2" in 30 minutes

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Old 08-21-2013, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I spent an extra hour each on the 2 houses I serviced today and still have a ways to go.

My biweekleys that are becoming overgrown are gonna have to come up with some $$$$ for me to get them looking good again.

Ive never seen shrubs and weeds grow like this in August.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:27 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post
I spent an extra hour each on the 2 houses I serviced today and still have a ways to go.

My biweekleys that are becoming overgrown are gonna have to come up with some $$$$ for me to get them looking good again.

Ive never seen shrubs and weeds grow like this in August.
how are you going to ask for more money? I feel like my clients would instantly drop me and find someone new who will cut it for what i currently charge

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Old 08-22-2013, 12:42 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexschultz1 View Post
how are you going to ask for more money? I feel like my clients would instantly drop me and find someone new who will cut it for what i currently charge
And your probably right! Just like we can't control the weather the customer can't control it either, I've lost more accounts this year than ever before, I'm just thankful that I was actually overloaded to begin with, so it's no harm no foul. Most of them were PIA customers anyway LOL!
Old 08-22-2013, 10:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

There's this crazy bright light in the sky today! Anyone know what that is?!?!

I'm starting to leave tracks in places and seeing water pool in places I've never seen before. I'm having to cut areas with the trimmer because even the 21" is leaving tracks.... Uggghhhh. Not to mention I hate having to cut the bermuda this high but I have to just to make it look decent.