Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-09-2013, 08:54 AM
djschofield22 djschofield22 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Blythewood, SC
Posts: 14
What chemicals to use for liquid fertilization?

Hi I recently installed this sprayer onto my mower. I was wondering the best fertilizers to use with this and how to mix them and what rate to spray it at? If someone could give me as much information about spraying fertilizers and chemicals I would appreciate it. Also if some one could tell me a fertilization program I can use with this sprayer I would appreciate. I want to add a program to my contracts.

Thanks
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-09-2013, 09:11 AM
foreplease's Avatar
foreplease foreplease is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: St. Joseph, MI
Posts: 1,219
Unfortunately, You cannot get enough water volume per thousand square feet out of that type of sprayer to effectively apply fertilizer. Put another way, you would have to keep going over a 5-8,000 square foot lawn repeatedly until you emptied the tank. Otherwise you will be faced with either putting down an insignificant amount of fertilizer or putting it down unsafely (huge likelihood of burning everything you spray).

That sprayer could work for spraying weeds - spot or blanket application - if carefully calibrated.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I like your mower though.
__________________
Michigan PABL
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-09-2013, 09:41 AM
djschofield22 djschofield22 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Blythewood, SC
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreplease View Post
Unfortunately, You cannot get enough water volume per thousand square feet out of that type of sprayer to effectively apply fertilizer. Put another way, you would have to keep going over a 5-8,000 square foot lawn repeatedly until you emptied the tank. Otherwise you will be faced with either putting down an insignificant amount of fertilizer or putting it down unsafely (huge likelihood of burning everything you spray).

That sprayer could work for spraying weeds - spot or blanket application - if carefully calibrated.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I like your mower though.
Well that sucks. I couldn't like go over the yard twice. Because I used it for spraying Weed killer on a large property and it worked well and seemed to spray plenty out and I could adjust how much to put out. Do you have any suggestions or upgrades I could do to be able to spray enough?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-09-2013, 10:11 AM
Deputy_Swan's Avatar
Deputy_Swan Deputy_Swan is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 125
Get a bigger pull type sprayer, we use Liquid Iron, Liquid Fertilizer, and a chemical called strike 3, which kills post weeds in turf grasses in our mix.

We run around with a 500 gal tank on a trailer, and plan on getting a Polaris UTV and 100 gal sprayer with booms
__________________
Hoss of Green Cat Services
"The Bakkens Hydroseeding Expert"
North Dakota
www.greencatnd.com
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-09-2013, 10:14 AM
djschofield22 djschofield22 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Blythewood, SC
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy_Swan View Post
Get a bigger pull type sprayer, we use Liquid Iron, Liquid Fertilizer, and a chemical called strike 3, which kills post weeds in turf grasses in our mix.

We run around with a 500 gal tank on a trailer, and plan on getting a Polaris UTV and 100 gal sprayer with booms
Yeah I'm not ready to get that big of equipment. Is their anyway I could get by using this for now?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-09-2013, 11:51 AM
RigglePLC's Avatar
RigglePLC RigglePLC is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 9,320
Best to buy an electric spreader for the back of your mower.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-09-2013, 12:09 PM
djschofield22 djschofield22 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Blythewood, SC
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
Best to buy an electric spreader for the back of your mower.
Okay I will look into that. Could you send me a fertilization program that you use?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-09-2013, 07:58 PM
vaacutabove vaacutabove is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: forest va
Posts: 933
lol if it was only that easy.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-09-2013, 08:04 PM
ReddensLawnCare ReddensLawnCare is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,520
You need to get licensed
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-10-2013, 06:55 AM
RAlmaroad RAlmaroad is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SC
Posts: 1,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by djschofield22 View Post
Hi I recently installed this sprayer onto my mower. I was wondering the best fertilizers to use with this and how to mix them and what rate to spray it at? If someone could give me as much information about spraying fertilizers and chemicals I would appreciate it. Also if some one could tell me a fertilization program I can use with this sprayer I would appreciate. I want to add a program to my contracts.

Thanks
Are you just spraying your own lawn? Is it centipede, St. Augustine, Bermuda or Zoysia? Each required a different fertilize schedule and amount. Let us know before spraying anything. You'll kill centipede quickly even using wrong fertilize.
__________________
We all are merely gleaners from the masters who were here before us.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
chemicals , fertilizer plan , fertilizer program , liquid ferts , sprayers

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:41 PM.

Page generated in 0.08363 seconds with 8 queries