Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-15-2013, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Interesting! Slow release changes things somewhat.

You have bigger balls than me spraying that in July temps!
Old 08-16-2013, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreplease View Post
Interesting! Slow release changes things somewhat.

You have bigger balls than me spraying that in July temps!
Yep. I definitely was nervous. Actually did it on 3 little league fields. New sign up and they were on my butt to get them clean and green! I actually did the fert with a 3/4 rate of eliminate as a blanket spray I kept checking on it thinking I was going to have issues but did not. That was 4 weeks ago. I did another app yesterday and weeds were 80% gone. Grass was a nice green.

Don't think I would be so brave with urea tho!!!
Old 08-17-2013, 08:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

What type of slow release was it?
Old 08-17-2013, 09:46 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf hokie View Post
Yep. I definitely was nervous. Actually did it on 3 little league fields. New sign up and they were on my butt to get them clean and green! I actually did the fert with a 3/4 rate of eliminate as a blanket spray I kept checking on it thinking I was going to have issues but did not. That was 4 weeks ago. I did another app yesterday and weeds were 80% gone. Grass was a nice green.

Don't think I would be so brave with urea tho!!!
I take it they have adequate irrigation and the temps were not excessive during this period???
I've seen so much failure and ruined turf lately that it is good to know it could be done, when necessary...

Those weeds should've been done in June along with the fertilizer, by their previous groundskeeper,, but fortunately you knew the logical course of action... congratulations...
Old 08-17-2013, 12:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FdLLawnMan View Post
What type of slow release was it?
SCRN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallaxe View Post
I take it they have adequate irrigation and the temps were not excessive during this period???
I've seen so much failure and ruined turf lately that it is good to know it could be done, when necessary...

Those weeds should've been done in June along with the fertilizer, by their previous groundskeeper,, but fortunately you knew the logical course of action... congratulations...
I dont control the irrigation but the soil had good moisture at the time.....but I sprayed in that 100+ degree stretch we had in July. And I di the app right smack in the middle of the day...

www.CTPreservation.com

www.ChristmasDecorNY.com

"What do you mean we canít get rid of those weeds in time? Then go over there and put some fancy signs with Latin names in front of them."
Walt Disney
Old 08-18-2013, 07:33 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djschofield22 View Post
I wil look at raising it. Could you send me a couple pictures of how you have it mounted and how you put the three tips on?

Thanks!
I can't get the pics to attach for some reason but basically I just took the two brackets off that drop down and mounted a peice of angle line straight across. The three tips were mounted to the angle line with u bolts. The tips are about 18" high and 19.5" apart. Teejet 8004 tips.

You might want to look at moving the boom valve to somewhere convenient. I moved mine to right beside the pto button on my mower. You can get 1/2" hose at auto zone and 1/2" hose connects at a hardware store.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:49 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreplease View Post
LawnSharkMB,
At 1.2 gal/m I would probably feel safe trying 2 passes and half rate for fertilizer. Are they using that tip and rate for everything at the golf course or just sprayed fertilizer applications? I would guess they are spoon feeding at something less than 1/4 #N/M but I could be wrong. I do not know much about warm season turf.

Yours was a good post, definitely. DJ could make the changes you suggested and possibly be ok. The fact is, though, he is only going to be able to cover a few thousand square feet out of that tank. Spraying at 1/4# or less on lawns isn't going to do much; spraying at 1/2-3/4 or more seems very risky at low volumes of water.
I just spray herbicides out of mine right now. I have a 35 gallon nurse tank so I can go almost an acre without going back to the house and filling up.

I'm gonna do a liquid fert program on my own lawn next year and see how it does for my self.

We do not spoon feed the greens. 1-1.5lbN/K at that rate but it is always watered in immediately. Greens are tif dwarf Bermuda.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:43 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnsharkMB View Post
I just spray herbicides out of mine right now. I have a 35 gallon nurse tank so I can go almost an acre without going back to the house and filling up.

I'm gonna do a liquid fert program on my own lawn next year and see how it does for my self.

We do not spoon feed the greens. 1-1.5lbN/K at that rate but it is always watered in immediately. Greens are tif dwarf Bermuda.
I was wrong. I just looked at the records we do spoon feed them every 10 days.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnsharkMB View Post
I was wrong. I just looked at the records we do spoon feed them every 10 days.
Thanks. I was going to saw WOW, Bermuda greens must be stout! Seems ideal at that volume.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf hokie View Post
SCRN
I know CRN stands for "Controlled Release Nitrogen". What does the "S" stand for?

Tags
chemicals , fertilizer plan , fertilizer program , liquid ferts , sprayers