Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-10-2013, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The one they have they said is the pp880 at 21ft. I'm picking it up tomorrow. I do have the Echo PAS system with the power pruner attachment and short extension which will get to about 12ft or so. Sometimes nothing beats a nonpowered approach. Thanks for the info everybody

"non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other livings beings, we are still savages. THOMAS EDISON
Old 08-10-2013, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I was just going to start a thread on this Vegandude, but since you've got one up I hope I'm not hijacking asking this. I haven't had much need for a pole saw until this year I've been more tree trimming requests. I was wondering if any of you have used an electric pole saw? I was thinking of getting one off Amazon from Black n' Decker or Earthwise. I'm not looking to spend 5 to $700 for that right now and was wondering if an electric one with rechargeable battery might be ok for a few small tree trimming jobs a year? Plus I'll save on gas. They're actually less than the manual ones from Stihl you all were referring to. Thanks.
Quick 36 Ninja WB
21" Honda HRX
Husqvarna 223L trimmer!
Echo Blowers
Kawasaki BP Blower
Toro & Ariens snowblowers

"I mow alone, with nobody else. Yes you know when I mow alone, I prefer to be by myself." Matt Thorogood

"All those in the memorial tombs will come out" -John 5:28

"The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them"- Revelation 20:13
Old 08-10-2013, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've never used an electric one as I know Murphy's law says I will cut the stupid cord. I currently have a cheapo fiskars($30 or so-amazon) I'm now doing enough tree work to rate a good one.

"non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other livings beings, we are still savages. THOMAS EDISON
Old 08-10-2013, 11:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

the electric ones I were looking at had a rechargeable battery and were in the $130 price range. I was just going to buy an extra battery as I already have another battery for my black n decker drill. Just a thought.
Quick 36 Ninja WB
21" Honda HRX
Husqvarna 223L trimmer!
Echo Blowers
Kawasaki BP Blower
Toro & Ariens snowblowers

"I mow alone, with nobody else. Yes you know when I mow alone, I prefer to be by myself." Matt Thorogood

"All those in the memorial tombs will come out" -John 5:28

"The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them"- Revelation 20:13
Old 08-11-2013, 12:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't mind relying on battery when at home or close to plug in but I don't want to when out in the field and don't always know how big the job might end up being(customer add-on) or you have several small jobs in one day.

Old 08-11-2013, 10:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnsaspire View Post
I was just going to start a thread on this Vegandude, but since you've got one up I hope I'm not hijacking asking this. I haven't had much need for a pole saw until this year I've been more tree trimming requests. I was wondering if any of you have used an electric pole saw? I was thinking of getting one off Amazon from Black n' Decker or Earthwise. I'm not looking to spend 5 to $700 for that right now and was wondering if an electric one with rechargeable battery might be ok for a few small tree trimming jobs a year? Plus I'll save on gas. They're actually less than the manual ones from Stihl you all were referring to. Thanks.

I used this long long ago. Drug power cords around client's property to trim limbs. Works very well if you dont mind pulling a power cord. Pole extends out. Can remove chainsaw & use separately. Bought mine at Home Depot & they still carry them in store in my area.

Remington Tools 8 Amp 1.5 hp 10'' Electric Pole Saw

http://www.sears.com/remington-tools...a=07141474000P

This would give you more constant power vs rechargeable battery & batteries do eventually go bad & are $ pricey to replace.
Ariens Rear Tine Tiller
(6) Trailers:
5x12, 6x12, 6x14, 8x16, 7x18, 6x22
Asus Transformer Infinity TY700 Tablet
Galaxy S3
Bananalogist

If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur.

Red Adair
Old 08-11-2013, 05:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I now have my new PP800 in hand and wow! It's really nice to feel quality it your hands. Don't know how it cuts yet but that's one fine blade. Got it today because tomorrow I have two trees to trim.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You will love it.
The tooth design allows for a very easy cut. The bottom cutting blade works great to prevent bark tear. Take care with the cover....it's fairly fragile.....and I'm sure you've noticed how incredibly sharp it is-don't bump into the blade with body parts. Keep the saw blade lubed up with Fluid Film to keep cellulose and sap from sticking-makes for easy clean up.

I put some hockey stick tape on the bottom of the handle to keep it from getting gnar'd up from the ground.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44DCNF View Post
You will love it.
The tooth design allows for a very easy cut. The bottom cutting blade works great to prevent bark tear. Take care with the cover....it's fairly fragile.....and I'm sure you've noticed how incredibly sharp it is-don't bump into the blade with body parts. Keep the saw blade lubed up with Fluid Film to keep cellulose and sap from sticking-makes for easy clean up.

I put some hockey stick tape on the bottom of the handle to keep it from getting gnar'd up from the ground.
Excellent, thanks.
I've never used fluid film, I've always used wd-40 and/or light silicon spray. Are these as good or totally different

Old 08-11-2013, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder's Lawn Inc View Post
Well my 131 was a lot more then that
For real... We paid $599 for a HT 131 cash and carry...