Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 08-10-2013, 11:44 AM
LawnSite Member

FasTrak Super Duty Flooding Issues

2011 60" with FX730 has been giving me fits. Used it about 5 hours, then one morning when I started it, raw gas was blowing out of the exhaust....about a coffee cup full. Checked vents, etc.
After researching online, I found out there was a recall on the tank vents. Contacted Hustler, found out my serial number had not been complied with.
Brought back to dealer and had it done. All is well until 2 days ago. Tried to start, but front cylinder loaded with fuel. Pulled plugs, cleared and dried cylinders, checked oil. Started right up and ran fine. Next day, exhaust full of fuel again.
Going back to dealer, but not confident they are capable of doing anything more than I could do myself. Still under warranty.
Suggestions ?
Old 08-10-2013, 12:23 PM
Sponsor

The vent recall you are speaking of has nothing to do with the flooding. That recall was just to be sure the EPA vent would not fall out of the tank. My money is on the float valve of the carb is stuck open. Once the fuel starts flowing into the carb bowl and the valve is stuck open it will continue to flow even with the engine turned off.
I would suggest cleaning the carb, install a new needle and seat. If the float is stuck due to dirt that is not covered. If there is something that Kawasaki did wrong on the carb that makes it flood, then it should be covered.

Brian O
Old 08-10-2013, 12:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Kawasaki

Brian - 100% - the only thing I can think of is the bulletin #09-08 with the change in the needle valve. The material of the needle has change from nitrile to Viton and the tip is sharper & guide ribs are longer. The FX730V is included with this change. And I'm sure it has never had any Ethanol through it that has caused the fuel issues.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Sponsor

Seeing that this was a 2011 I'm thinking it didn't fall under that SB.

Brian O
Old 08-10-2013, 03:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the response. I bought the machine this spring and was the last 2011 the dealer had, so it was discounted. Been a good machine other than this. I have a hard time finding fuel around here that DOESN'T contain ethanol.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Member

KW Outdoor

Well I though that the 09 would have been the year of the SB but it was just brought up at the 2013 update school that the Kaw. factory techs had in the spring. Maybe it takes 4 years to get us up to speed this far north ???? Either way it's a good place to be looking.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Wanted to follow up on this......no more issues since finding a source of ethanol-free gasoline!!! Evidently the float valve doesn't like ethanol.
Posted via Mobile Device