Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-19-2014, 09:01 AM
LawnSite Member

Right Wheel Motor Stuttering

Hey guys, hoping to get some info before I take my machine to the shop. I have an 07 Bunton 2190. Basically the same machine as a BobCat 219. 19hp and a 52" deck. Bought it 2 years ago with only a couple hundred hours! Loved it so far. I have recently noticed the right wheel motor has begun to stutter/vibrate the mower when I turn hard/fast to the left. Not really growling, I know what a pump sounds like when it's bad. I can turn as hard right with the left and it's smooth. Belts are good, pulleys are tight, fluid will need changed later this summer-but is full, no debris around pumps or motors, no leaks, all other hydro/motor performance seems normal. The stutter is more pronounced on pavement than turf. I am also not turning at 10mph, maybe 3-5mph. Any advice/suggestions, or is this normal and I am just noticing? Thanks for any help.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Had a similar issue on my '06 600hr Scag Wildcat, though it was more noticeable when backing up. Turned out to be the wheel motor, as you suspected. $803.00 repair.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-19-2014, 09:53 AM
LawnSite Member

Was it doing anything else like losing power as well?
Old 05-19-2014, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Member

On that side, yes. When traveling in full forward speed, I had to ease up on the strong side or I'd just make big loops... And it wouldn't hold a hill anymore either.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-01-2015, 01:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Bobcat 54"cut wheel motor

Guys I also have a bobcat zero turn that the wheel motor is leaking on..Is there anyway to rebuild the wheel motor or put a seal kit in it? Thanks
Old 05-01-2015, 02:45 PM
LawnSite Member

After taking mine into the shop they believe the key/gears are slipping since there isn't any visible leakage. I know that you can rebuild a pump for much less than the cost of replacement, but its also not a guarantee of the fix. If the inside is fine then a seal kit may be all that's needed, but I'm a novice at best in diagnosing hydraulics. A small engine mechanic named Jeremy Fountain has some great youtube tutorials on hydraulic repair. You might find something usable. I am still working with mine. It's a pain, but I won't replace it until it finally goes. Good luck.