Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old Yesterday, 02:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Thinking about ordering G6 Blades for 60" JD 7 iron pro

I was gonna PM RidinGreen but figured I could get more "experiences" from other people by posting in the forum.

I am thinking about ordering a couple sets of G6 blades for my John Deere Z930R's with 7 iron pro decks. The my concerns are... On standard high lift john deere blades there is a drop down from the center of the blade to the cutting edge. The G6's looked like they were straight across. Do I need to put a spacer in to lower the G6 blade so as it's low enough to clear the baffles like the high lift JD blade?
Old Yesterday, 03:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

On my old 757 I tried putting g6 blades on it and they hit the baffles. Haven't tried them on the z920m yet

Doesn't matter what kind of equipment you run as long as you get the job done correctly and up to par.
Old Yesterday, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Member

I bought a set of G6's for 930M with the same deck as yours. The G6's came with a washer to be used as a spacer. I am not sure it was needed, but I installed it on the upper side of the blade. No issues here. I really didn't see much difference in QOC, so I have been using my standard high lifts. I bet the G6's make a big difference when chewing up leaves though.
Old Yesterday, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrayb39667 View Post
I was gonna PM RidinGreen but figured I could get more "experiences" from other people by posting in the forum.

I am thinking about ordering a couple sets of G6 blades for my John Deere Z930R's with 7 iron pro decks. The my concerns are... On standard high lift john deere blades there is a drop down from the center of the blade to the cutting edge. The G6's looked like they were straight across. Do I need to put a spacer in to lower the G6 blade so as it's low enough to clear the baffles like the high lift JD blade?
Nope. The correct blades for your machine are these I have, and they have the hump. They also come with a spacer/washer, but it is not needed. It is to make up the difference between the 5/16" blades like the 720 came with and the thinner G6 at .250" (blade on the left as you view them in the second picture).

My G6's are on mine as I type this.
Attached Images

Old Yesterday, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GONO2 View Post
I bought a set of G6's for 930M with the same deck as yours. The G6's came with a washer to be used as a spacer. I am not sure it was needed, but I installed it on the upper side of the blade. No issues here. I really didn't see much difference in QOC, so I have been using my standard high lifts. I bet the G6's make a big difference when chewing up leaves though.
Like I mentioned in my post above, the washer is not needed, and should really be removed for your application.

The G6's do not cut as cleanly as the OEM blades do, due to having less lift, but they are a lot better on leaves then the stock blades for sure. They are also better on stuff like buckhorn plantain too.