Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-15-2013, 11:21 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Another option for Scag would be reintroducing the Pro V but with the SWZT controls. This machine would dominate with the new controls!!

http://scag.com/prov/prov.html
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by GMLC; 12-15-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:25 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

And for those who dont remember the Ultimate. Probably the best WB ever made.

http://www.scag.com/swzu.html
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-15-2013, 12:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Just read it through and I love the review bud! I actually bought a scagenstein from a guy in N.H last summer... I believe that it is an sw with the floating deck from the swzu on it... but with the bull nose deck, not the velocity... This thing is nuts but it cuts great!!! Just goes to show that even a scagenstein made up of different parts can do an amazing job! And for any Scag guys reading this... I am looking for the main belt cover for the deck...(haha, sorry for that GMLC!)
Old 12-15-2013, 01:20 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
Just read it through and I love the review bud! I actually bought a scagenstein from a guy in N.H last summer... I believe that it is an sw with the floating deck from the swzu on it... but with the bull nose deck, not the velocity... This thing is nuts but it cuts great!!! Just goes to show that even a scagenstein made up of different parts can do an amazing job! And for any Scag guys reading this... I am looking for the main belt cover for the deck...(haha, sorry for that GMLC!)
Cool brotha!! You have any pics?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-15-2013, 04:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I do not currently... I made a promise to myself early on to never post pics here but I am going to change that rule in the next couple of months.... HaHa..... The guy I bought it from had a velocity deck for another 100 bucks but I didn't have it on me! Called him the week after and it was gone! Oh well, I think I told you before that I run a 2012 Walker MT26 for my main mower and the scag is the hilly, ditchy, rough stuff mower.... But I had ran scags for 15 years working in the Greater Boston area.... I absolutely love them! I know you run Gravely which I am super impressed with... Never got to run one but I checked one out at my dealer and WOW!!! They look so solid! A tad bit off topic but have you seen the new Walker web site? I know you are an equipment junkie and you would probably enjoy this....
Old 12-15-2013, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post

Posted via Mobile Device
I wish they would bring that thing back. You are right, it is one of the best walk behinds ever made.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsden&Son View Post
I do not currently... I made a promise to myself early on to never post pics here but I am going to change that rule in the next couple of months.... HaHa..... The guy I bought it from had a velocity deck for another 100 bucks but I didn't have it on me! Called him the week after and it was gone! Oh well, I think I told you before that I run a 2012 Walker MT26 for my main mower and the scag is the hilly, ditchy, rough stuff mower.... But I had ran scags for 15 years working in the Greater Boston area.... I absolutely love them! I know you run Gravely which I am super impressed with... Never got to run one but I checked one out at my dealer and WOW!!! They look so solid! A tad bit off topic but have you seen the new Walker web site? I know you are an equipment junkie and you would probably enjoy this....
Not yet. I saw your thread and got to check it out.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-15-2013, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church2224 View Post
I wish they would bring that thing back. You are right, it is one of the best walk behinds ever made.
I still want to demo and review the Gravely WB with pro steer controls. If its as good as there ZTR's we may have another great WB without pistol grips.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-15-2013, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post

Posted via Mobile Device

DAMN RIGHT!!!!!! This mower with ECS type controls and velocity deck would change the world of walk behinds all together IMO!!!!!!!! It would a little bit anyways because Id be the first in my area to lay cash down for one!!!

I was also told at the open house the other day that next year the new scag with new controls would be offered in 52"
Old 12-15-2013, 07:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Seems like there are few WB that look like the Gravely. Are those the same thing?
The Pro Steer seems really good. Is there a speed lever? or if the far you push the faster will go?