The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-05-2014, 07:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPendagast View Post
your rep is "technically" wrong.

Here's the skinny.

I used to work P/T for Dane Scag, after he left metal craft, as a result, I know a few blokes in the industry just by association, even some over at his former alma mater, Metalcraft.

In the 22 years I've been in landscaping, I've seen more scag Wbs WITH sulkys than without.

I was looking at outfitting one of the companies I work with, with a upgrade fleet to scag walk behinds with sulkies last year.

So I began talking to the dealer when he fed me this line "Attaching sulkies to wbs will void the warranty"
N00B!
Right?

Well not exactly.

called a 'buddy' at metal craft and asked him "What GIVES"?

And he confirmed that it's 'technically' true, that scags, in the literature say not to attach a sulky to the machine.

HOWEVER the also said they have NEVER since he has been working there at SCAG (which is WELL over a decade) refused a warranty on a hydro because of a sulky related issue and that he/they are well aware of all the sulkies on scags world wide.
I was talking to the head of the warranty division.

So the statistics say, No scag Hydro has EVER FAILED due to a sulky related issue.
0% failure rate.
IF it DID, maybe they would deny the warranty claim… but it never has happened, according to him.
My unit has a label on back that shows where to mount the sulky.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djagusch View Post
I would wonder if you called them is it residential for a riding lawnmower, what it would be rated for a w/b. The weight rating is 1000lbs, the 3100 series is 1000lbs.

I can only imagine that a wb has different specs than a rider.
Posted via Mobile Device
Re-read the specs. The 3100 is rated at 1200 pounds. There are also beefier upgrades listed per the hydrogear website.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
Thats where im so confused about the sticker on the machine. Im hearing it will void the warranty if you add the sulky and im also hearing that it wont void the warranty? so can anyone tell me what the truth is?
Old 07-05-2014, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilehead View Post
Re-read the specs. The 3100 is rated at 1200 pounds. There are also beefier upgrades listed per the hydrogear website.
I meant to type 1200 lbs.

Anyways I have izt's on my 08 trimstar. 1100 hrs on it, all cemetery mowing. It was below the 2800 series at one time. Pretty sure the 2800 will hold up.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-06-2014, 05:39 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
maybe they changed something?

I had this conversation last summer.

It was kinda ridiculous to hear about the "no sulky" thing from the dealer in the first place (N00B!)
Old 09-28-2014, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Member

i tested this mower for a few days it is awesome. i tested the 52 version it has anti scalp wheels i ran it in wet tall thick grass and dry and thin grass. works fantastically. here is a video of me mowing with it in superset thick grass. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muUW...2SXdFqs14IOVgw (the video was filmed with my mac book and for some resin it reverses right and left some left is right and right is left)
Old 09-28-2014, 01:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutshortlandscaping View Post
i tested this mower for a few days it is awesome. i tested the 52 version it has anti scalp wheels i ran it in wet tall thick grass and dry and thin grass. works fantastically. here is a video of me mowing with it in superset thick grass. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muUW...2SXdFqs14IOVgw (the video was filmed with my mac book and for some resin it reverses right and left some left is right and right is left)
Thats why you dont apple products
Old 09-28-2014, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  79.8 KB

I enjoy mine...SWZT that is, not the Apple.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutshortlandscaping View Post
Matt, thanks for the Video that answers my BIG QUESTION. I'm also in Ct, and with our grass types and weather, was extremely concerned about wet performance and a other than Velocity Deck. In central CT, we are in a official drought, and haven't demoed a machine since my weekly lawns are now 2+ weeks, and I have lawns that are completely dead.

I had a extensive talk with the SCAG rep 2 weeks ago at a show. Im really interested in a SWZT. So 2 questions.

1. Were the anti scalp rollers a dealer add on, or factory upgrade.

2. Tough to tell from video quality, but I think there was minimal clumping. I could see a " Cloud" of either water mist and grass, dispersing relatively wide. And it looked to be RAINING also. Am I correct ???
Old 09-29-2014, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandLC View Post
Matt, thanks for the Video that answers my BIG QUESTION. I'm also in Ct, and with our grass types and weather, was extremely concerned about wet performance and a other than Velocity Deck. In central CT, we are in a official drought, and haven't demoed a machine since my weekly lawns are now 2+ weeks, and I have lawns that are completely dead.

I had a extensive talk with the SCAG rep 2 weeks ago at a show. Im really interested in a SWZT. So 2 questions.

1. Were the anti scalp rollers a dealer add on, or factory upgrade.

2. Tough to tell from video quality, but I think there was minimal clumping. I could see a " Cloud" of either water mist and grass, dispersing relatively wide. And it looked to be RAINING also. Am I correct ???
the anti scalpe rollers i belive were a factory upgrade for the 52

there was a little clumping in the wet grass so i went over it a second time
2 Echo Srm 225
2 Echo PB755
1 Echo PB400
2 8hp Little Wonder blowers
1 7x12 carry-on trailer with Green Touch xtreme blower and trimmer racks
1 09 Chevy silverado 2500hd crew cab 6 1/2 bed

17 Years old
work/ equipment thread
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...=1#post5119841

youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/thedjdardar