Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-02-2013, 08:23 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Perhaps it needs a nuetral adjustment? I remember pulling the controls back slightly to release but I dont remeber the machine moving backwards on my demo.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-02-2013, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Perhaps it needs a nuetral adjustment? I remember pulling the controls back slightly to release but I dont remeber the machine moving backwards on my demo.
Posted via Mobile Device
Probably can move neutral but anyway you cut it your squeezing the control lever in reverse direction to release. It definitely is not as good as old hydro....meaning our 10 year old 36". I had to set one side then use both hands to rotate the other side into position. I lubed the little pastic lever with stroke oil, no help.
Attached Images

Old 11-03-2013, 06:08 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
Probably can move neutral but anyway you cut it your squeezing the control lever in reverse direction to release. It definitely is not as good as old hydro....meaning our 10 year old 36". I had to set one side then use both hands to rotate the other side into position. I lubed the little pastic lever with stroke oil, no help.
I guess Im use to squeezing a bit to get a WB out of nuetral. My Scag hydro pistol grip was the same way. If your plastic levers are stiff try backing off the nut just a hair. But dont loosen it too much or it will flop around and get in the way.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-03-2013, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
I guess Im use to squeezing a bit to get a WB out of nuetral. My Scag hydro pistol grip was the same way. If your plastic levers are stiff try backing off the nut just a hair. But dont loosen it too much or it will flop around and get in the way.
Posted via Mobile Device
Nut doesn't affect the motion/drag they have a bullet shaped plastic that provides drag. When you are trying to rotate the little device you automatically put more force on fingars and go faster in reverse. You need to look at your old scag hydro much easier. And you can see what the hell you are latching up on old design, unlike new design.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:51 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Anyone pull the trigger on the SWZT yet? Anyone else demo? Any more feedback would be great.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Is this a homeowner mower? It has homeowner drive system.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXN1EL View Post
Is this a homeowner mower? It has homeowner drive system.
No its Scags answer to the entry level commercial market. On a side note the ZT2800's are the smoothest and most responsive I have ever felt on a WB. Plus the best reverse I have ever felt on a WB. I had the same concern as you at first but after my demo and review Im confident the ZT2800's will have no problems considering the weight of a WB being well bellow a ZTR.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-14-2013, 10:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking at the 36" as my main mower, I been thing that I probably going to get the Encore 36" hydro. If they are what they use to be since that is what the closest dealer has to offer. If they are junk then I guess the green Gravely (John Deere WH36A) Would be my next option.

Anyone know if the encores are junk???
Old 12-14-2013, 11:20 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXN1EL View Post
I am looking at the 36" as my main mower, I been thing that I probably going to get the Encore 36" hydro. If they are what they use to be since that is what the closest dealer has to offer. If they are junk then I guess the green Gravely (John Deere WH36A) Would be my next option.

Anyone know if the encores are junk???
Encore was bought by World Lawn. If the new Encores are just World Lawn mowers with Encore decals I would say they wont be as good as the original Encore made machines. I heard World Lawn will be shipping mostly assembled machines from China to the Encore plant for final assembly(I cant verify it though).

The Gravely made WB's have been getting great reviews here on LS. They have pistol grip and pro steer control options. I have not had a chance to demo one yet but hope to.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-14-2013, 11:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I got to run one of these and loved it. it was at an open house and the rep was there. I told him I couldn't believe they would come out with a mower like this and not have the tried and true v+ deck on it. he said that is what EVERYONE has been saying but the deck on this mower was to keep pricing down and was a good business decision. Not sure how he can really figure that as there was a bunch of guys listening to our conversation that said they loved the machine but wouldn't own one without a velocity deck................ SCAG IF YOUR OUT THERE we run exmark tt and metros because of there controls. now you have the good controls so smash it out of the park and put the v+ deck on it and I will have one on every crew we have rolling!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have scag tiger cat 61"s as my main go to mowers and would love to have "all orange" on my trailers but wont until you put your best foot forward on putting the best deck possible on the machine. I understand your price point but cant imagine you cant still be comparable to the exmark TT after you put the v+ deck on these machines........... Do it, ill buy them!!!!!!! LOL and several others that were at the open house at bramble mower will also from what others told me.......