Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-13-2013, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
I think the main purpose is to give it that special standout look of new advanced technology, does nothing different than the old throttle lever, just looks more sporty and low profile.
Yea, that sounds about right. Kinda like a non pilot sitting in a cockpit for the first time and being in awe of all those switches.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Take a look at my post right above yours. That is why I like the lever vs the rocker. I would think that you would too, no?
True. I never thought about fumbling around for the switch when throttling down around beds, cars etc. It would kinda suck.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave k View Post
The throttle control rocker switch is just that, just press it down towards the rabbit and it goes to full throttle, go to the turtle it goes slow, the yellow light it detects problems with the engine, if the malfunction indicator lamp begins to flash in a sequence while you are operating the unit, see the engine operators manual.
Dave, for all the people on LawnSite of which I've seen make so many remarks about me saying and believing a Hustler Super Z is the best mower on the market. Go ahead and tell everyone I talked you out of a Hustler mower, and every other mower while telling you that by far this would be the best mower for your specific application. Tell them I honestly talked you into buying the exact mower you bought when ordering the 3100 with the 37 DFI. Tell them how hard I pushed this particular mower, with no other mower even challenging what I believed your needs to be.

You can also ask greenology what I PM'ed him about the Ferris being his mower for the rough cutting areas he dealt with.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Dave, for all the people on LawnSite of which I've seen make so many remarks about me saying and believing a Hustler Super Z is the best mower on the market. Go ahead and tell everyone I talked you out of a Hustler mower, and every other mower while telling you that by far this would be the best mower for your specific application. Tell them I honestly talked you into buying the exact mower you bought when ordering the 3100 with the 37 DFI. Tell them how hard I pushed this particular mower, with no other mower even challenging what I believed your needs to be.

You can also ask greenology what I PM'ed him about the Ferris being his mower for the rough cutting areas he dealt with.
Do you think the 3100 suspension is better than that of the Cheetah?
Old 08-13-2013, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:

Step #1-admitting you have a problem j/k
Old 08-13-2013, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver View Post
If you ever have time demo a ferris 3100, a scag cheetah and a Gravely 400 series. They each have a different feel and it all depends on your properties.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
If you ever have time demo a ferris 3100, a scag cheetah and a Gravely 400 series.
I love the suspension idea but it just seems the more moving parts the more likely something will break. I just recently added an ISO kit to my mower and it made a big difference. Thinking about that Grammer seat next...
Old 08-13-2013, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Step #1-admitting you have a problem j/k
I've never had a problem, I've helped people make up their minds all over the country on what mower best suited their needs, from Ferris, Bad Boy, Scag, and Bobcat mainly. Most people mowing the small area they mow, and I consider that anything less than an acre, have no use for a mower of high speed.

I will tell you now, if I could not utilize the extra speed, I would be operating the 3100, with the 37 DFI tomorrow.

Quote:
Four wheel independent suspension is far advanced to what a Cheetah has to offer, common sense will tell you this, the 3100 is in a class of its own.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
I love the suspension idea but it just seems the more moving parts the more likely something will break. I just recently added an ISO kit to my mower and it made a big difference. Thinking about that Grammer seat next...
I almost bought a ferris. I loved everything about it(especially the suspn. and cut)but did not like the deck movement. Its really not bad but Im picky. Notice how long the deck chains are...and the deck moves a lot with the suspn. Keep in mind I mow some rough stuff and steep hills. My demo was a 2000 so its really not fair for me to comment on the 3100.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
I've never had a problem, I've helped people make up their minds all over the country on what mower best suited their needs, from Ferris, Bad Boy, Scag, and Bobcat mainly. Most people mowing the small area they mow, and I consider that anything less than an acre, have no use for a mower of high speed.

I will tell you now, if I could not utilize the extra speed, I would be operating the 3100, with the 37 DFI tomorrow.

Four wheel independent suspension is far advanced to what a Cheetah has to offer, common sense will tell you this, the 3100 is in a class of its own.
I was just joking around. My accounts range from postage stamp to 5 acres. Around here top speeds are rare due to roughness and turf type.