Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-02-2013, 09:22 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
The deductible only applies when you are making a claim against your own insurance. They pay 100% when it is someone else making a claim. I accidentally just bumped a parked car with my trailer. The repairs to the car came to just under $500. My insurance paid it without batting an eye. No premium increase either.
Let me guess, you looked at your next bill from the insurance company and realized it was still the same amount as the previous one, hence it "didn't go up?"
And you didn't think the insurance company knew about this, that maybe the insurance company failed to realize most people look at bills from one period to the next and when those bills come to the same amount they think their premiums have not gone up?
This is what we speak of when we mention naive.
Rest assured, it wasn't free.

Ever hear about accident forgiveness, it's not free either.
Insurance companies who offer it charge more than those who don't.
Anyone who has it pays more to begin with, which is how when someone has a claim their premiums stay the same.

It's simple, the insurance is a business, much like yours.
When they pay out a claim, that is one of their costs of doing business.
And that cost has to, and will be covered.

Any insurance company that does not cover their costs isn't in business very long.
And the premium holders are the folks covering said costs.
A free windshield is included in that cost.
Meaning we pay for it no matter what.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Member

I know that a string trimmer can break a window, at least the side window on a Honda mini van. I did it myself, to my wife's van. I always worried about going by on the mower, but had never given a second thought to a trimmer.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Heritage View Post
Ive purchased tons of windows. I've even had a car painted once. Why ? Because the $600.00 paint job was cheaper then possible loosing a $12,000 a year account. No we didn't scratch the POS car but the owner of the apartment complex gave me tons of additional accounts after I handled that situation with yes sir I'm sorry ill have it taken care of. As for windows. We do a 50 acre auto complex that is Audie, Porsche, BMW, Lexus, Land Rover, and Mini Cooper. We hit a brand new windshield with a rock off a string trimmer. Flew about 20 yds. The heat and cooled and atomistic tinting windshield cost $3800.00 dolors. I really don't know if it does all that but better.
As for damage to my trucks. I knocked out 2 back glasses to employees vehicles at my shop. We knocked the back glass out in my tundra from freaking 50 yds away on a job once. And my cultivator had a freak explosion with a rock that shot through my door of my at the time brand new chevy 1 ton.
All this to say crap happens deal with it. My insurance covers $3000.00 in small damage with no deductible or raise
Know that dealership quite well. Thankfully I do zero cutting but did have an older model Bobcat I started off with slide down a rain soaked slope and take out the front end of a S550 up on the crest last year. It was my employees fault for parking it near the edge of the slope which was stable before that epic downpour hit.
Auger drive and various bits
Levelers
Pallet forks
John Deere CT332
John Deere 60D with thumb
2008 Ford F550 dump
2010 Ford F450 crew cab
20' Gator equipment trailer
20' Haulmark tool trailer