Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-14-2013, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassmasterswilson View Post
Thanks. It will be close and rain is in the way so hoping they will get some in stock in time.

What about square one? Seems it might work for what I need. I got mostly Bermuda with a few centipede lawns left.
Square one is Carfentrazone and quinclorac, Drive and Quicksilver. have never used Quicksilver so i can't speculate on that but there are plenty of guys on here that have. maybe they'll chime in.

Drive will take care of the crabgrass and a few others , look at the labeled weeds and see what which may work better for you.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Yep I'm licensed. They give them away in Cracker Jack boxes up here. They allow us to spray ronstar on residential lawns, roundup on cattails in retention ponds, and max rate of 24d on centipede in July.

As to my question it was a legit question. I get control of large crabgrass with celcius at med rate. I was just asking for a substitute product people have used on all warm season turf so that I could finish my last handful of lawns since they were out of celcius.

What's someone with so much knowledge doing trolling this site anyway?
You missed my point...just as I knew you would. Anyone in your line of work should be familiar with the majority of actives common to the T&O market, and what they're capable of. No reason for questions like yours if you know your stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
MSM at 1/2-1 oz per acre will hurt crabgrass.
greendoctor- You seem like you know your stuff...but I apply a pile of it and never seen enough evidence to justify it for that purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRRITECH View Post
On your test, was there a question that said " if I am out of celsius what can I use on warm season turf for crabgrass and nutsedge?"

Didn't think so.

without looking it up what is a common brand name for Halosulfuron, quinclorac, Sulfentrazone. (didn't look up the spelling but you get the idea)

That wasn't on the test either.

Ga Lic# 01631
IRRITECH- LOL! No need to look anything up. I promise.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

these threads kill me on ls. Before i go to bed I get on a few chosen websites and look. never fails on lawnsite someone asks a question and a response is are u licensed? like that matters. Who cares if someones licensed? because u take some test makes u know everything. im from georgia and the test is serious and i mean serious BS. just like every other test u take in life. i have to ask before i head to bed. whos licensed? nevermind it seriously doesnt matter.... get over it. just because someones licensed doesnt mean a thing.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonturf View Post

IRRITECH- LOL! No need to look anything up. I promise.
Thought so.

Like Georgia Lawn said, a license doesn't mean squat.

Been spraying since '94, never heard of Square One, in your book i guess that makes me inept.

Whatever, if you don't have anything constructive to say leave it alone, get your post count up some other way.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Went to get 2 bottles of celcius to finish up all my warm season. They were out and the dealer was backed up. Hopes to get some in this week.

Is there a good substitute safe on all warm turf? I'm currently mixing my celcius with prosedge and spot spraying in mid 80s-low 90s?

Will celcius at low rate do much on crabgrass? I'm getting good results at med rate
I understood the question and didn't think it was out of line for a knowledgable applicator. There a dozens of products and a person could spend a huge amount of time reading and testing them. Just asking for similiar products that were effective.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonturf View Post
greendoctor- You seem like you know your stuff...but I apply a pile of it and never seen enough evidence to justify it for that purpose.

Then I must be doing it wrong or have a different type of crabgrass. Mine does not die out at the end of the year. I do know that MSM is always applied at 1/2-1 oz per acre with fan nozzles at 1 gallon per 1000 with 1/2-1% methylated seed oil. I also know that lawns to be treated are at the right height of cut, using the correct mower, irrigated, and on a premium fertility program. When MSMA got limited, many of the local golf courses had problems getting the new SU herbicides to work. They were used to burning holes in the fairways with 2 oz per gallon. Which works even on starved weeds. This all relates to one of the above factors I mentioned. Many of the yard people had even worse problems because none of those factors were in order.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 08-15-2013, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRRITECH View Post
Thought so.

Like Georgia Lawn said, a license doesn't mean squat.

Been spraying since '94, never heard of Square One, in your book i guess that makes me inept.

Whatever, if you don't have anything constructive to say leave it alone, get your post count up some other way.
I must agree on the license piece...my tactic was way off.

Inept for not knowing what Square One is?? Not by any stretch...trade names mean squat(unless you're addressing the issue of generics/price/making your own combos vs. buying pre-mix, etc etc).

My first response to the op in post #12 IS constructive by my standards. To be a "professional applicator" of many different turf types and not be familiar with most, if not all available actives and their proposed capabilities is slack.

And turning to an internet forum for a quick question and answer is lazy at best...
Old 08-15-2013, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Member

greendoc- keep rocking if it's working for you. My variables are much the same except gpa.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:36 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks. Consider yourself lucky that quinclorac is allowed in your state. I cannot even get it as a watered down Q4 type formulation. DOA does not want that AI here. That is why I need to know how to control crabgrass without MSMA or quinclorac. Image + Revolver works well for me as a slow acting equivalent to MSMA for control of crabgrass, goosegrass, and nutsedge.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 08-16-2013, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Member

I've got my license but compared to what there is to know out there I dont know anything at all...Guess to some this is a bad place for me to come to try and learn. Why? Because I have my license.... and because of that I am suppose to know everything.