Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-01-2014, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

your choice of software for yard apps only? anything besides real green? yes/no?

Im not going to name the software I have because I want unbiassed opinions on what you use. Im not looking for the 200 yard company's I'm looking for big companies that grow grow and grow. I picked up over 50 accounts last month and the software I have is not the best. Wife is in the office and theres always confusion and growing fast is hectic. What is the Go To software? Ill go ahead and say real green is expensive but i know they are good. Is there any other company with 2,000 plus accounts running a different software or is it just about biting the bullet with real green? thoughts?
Old 03-02-2014, 01:03 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgialawn88 View Post
Im not going to name the software I have because I want unbiassed opinions on what you use. Im not looking for the 200 yard company's I'm looking for big companies that grow grow and grow. I picked up over 50 accounts last month and the software I have is not the best. Wife is in the office and theres always confusion and growing fast is hectic. What is the Go To software? Ill go ahead and say real green is expensive but i know they are good. Is there any other company with 2,000 plus accounts running a different software or is it just about biting the bullet with real green? thoughts?
I do not have 2000 customers but I do have several hundred. I spend around 4 hrs or less on the software I use per week. The only limitation my software has is ME. Everything is a mouse click or a couple of keystrokes away. It has routing, mapping, chemical tracking and the list goes on of features and abilities. All of them as I said before, a mouse click or a couple of keystrokes away. There are no customer limits(customer limits on software are just the company's way of squeezing more money out of you) and you can actually run multiple companies from what I am using. There is unlimited FREE tech support(which in my experience has been phenomenal)and software updates for as long as you use the software. All for a very reasonable price.

Growing fast can be hectic but there shouldn't be confusion. If there is, it could be one of several things. The software you are using is not the right type for our industry, it is old and/or out of date or... your office help is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I doubt it is the last one...

RG is some excellent software, there's no doubt about that. And...they say "you get what you pay for". In a way that is true but sometimes, you're forced to take more than you bargained for in doing so...

Good Luck
Old 03-02-2014, 08:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

ted, what kind of software do you have?
Old 03-02-2014, 08:42 AM
LawnSite Member

software

I started with Hindsite when i had 700 customers. I now maintain 4000 hindsite has grown with me as well as helped me grow.Great company great support. love being paperless.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:03 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgialawn88 View Post
ted, what kind of software do you have?
I am using Billmaster. The one "ant" started a thread about. "Humble" called me about it over a month ago and I believe he is using it now as well. From talking to him, we are about the same size operation.I'm sure there are others...
Old 03-02-2014, 09:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here is what I'm using. It's made strictly for pest control.

http://www.rdfsoftware.com/
Old 03-02-2014, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Member

We switched to Jobber (cloud-based) a couple months ago. Currently servicing around 700 properties.

We post all the work from the field on tablets and the bookkeeper( who works from her house) prints invoices every other day.

We have not added the chemical tracking add-on but probably will in the future.
So far so good!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-02-2014, 10:17 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnagain View Post
Here is what I'm using. It's made strictly for pest control.

http://www.rdfsoftware.com/
About 5 yrs ago I was using an access database my wife had developed for me. I was at 250 customers at the time and while what she had done for me worked, it was cumbersome and things were going to get out of hand. I started researching and looking for software then. When I had narrowed it down andfinally was ready to make a purchase, it had actually come down to the one you posted here and Billmaster. The rest is history...
Old 03-02-2014, 11:21 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

does billmaster have any type of customer portal or way a customer can pay a invoice from an e-mail link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
About 5 yrs ago I was using an access database my wife had developed for me. I was at 250 customers at the time and while what she had done for me worked, it was cumbersome and things were going to get out of hand. I started researching and looking for software then. When I had narrowed it down andfinally was ready to make a purchase, it had actually come down to the one you posted here and Billmaster. The rest is history...

Servicing Dallas, Acworth, Kennesaw, & Woodstock, Ga
Old 03-02-2014, 11:52 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
does billmaster have any type of customer portal or way a customer can pay a invoice from an e-mail link?
I'm pretty sure it does. There are places to enter e-mail addresses and credit card info in each customers "information". I'm sorry I can't answer you better. Like I said before, the only limitation I have encountered with my software is ME. I'm old and behind the times for sure... "technologically challenged" is the phrase my wife uses to describe me. I just started texting about a year ago...lol

Go to billmaster.com I believe(I think it used to be customizedbusinesssoftware.com) and maybe your questions can be answered better. You can contact them by phone or e-mail. No pressure whatsoever from them...