Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 11-21-2013, 08:05 PM
Weekend cut easymoney Weekend cut easymoney is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas-The Hilly part
Posts: 3,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by humble1 View Post
the problem with Clip and I have had it for years is that when you look at your list, you have your customer and your pounding out round4, it tells you on the list the last time you did round 4 last year.....who cares, I need to know when I did round three this year so I can see who is out to far between apps. Additionally there is no conection between clip scheduling and q-books in regard to past due accounts. I had a few customers slip thru the cracks this year owing me 800-1200 dollars getting multiple apps done without payment. As I understand it real green will not print the next round if you set up the past due date or amount. That would reduce your exposure to having a high AR or accounts not paying. Im looking at RG real hard for this year.
I've used clip for many years...why do you want to rely on some sort of connection to qb which would alter scheduling? I mean...in qb you can run a report and see delinquent accounts and then manually adjust schedule.
Clip does have a feature as you have described, ...credit limit...it will place a note on the route sheet and summary sheet...also, there is also an option to do it someplace else..I forgot where, but I've seen it...
I'd take credit card info and do the work, charge the card...much easier
__________________
1989 BlueChevy 1500 Extended cab with FULL bed
1978 7ft Sears cargo trailer with added wood inserts to hold both my weedeaters
3 1976-83 vintage lawnboy lawnmowers with full self propel features as well as mulch kits
2 Sears electric weedeaters
1 green machine electric leaf blower
1 sears articulating hedge trimmer-electric
2 50ft power cords
3 Leaf rakes
1 shovel
1 pocket knife
cooler for beer
lawn chair to enjoy a beer while I wait for the cash to be handed to me
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 11-21-2013, 08:20 PM
Weekend cut easymoney Weekend cut easymoney is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas-The Hilly part
Posts: 3,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
Seriously. What feature is it misssing?
Ability to send prework notifications or postwork notification. For one..
Another is the scheduling flexibility is not as great..
Ability to quickly shift an entire days work to another day..
Ability to record start and stop times for jobs.
Ability to upload routes into GPS mapping software and track your crews...real time
Its been 6 or 8 months since I looked at jobber...

I hope they step up...competition makes all companies better or they go broke...clip ks designed by guys in the business
__________________
1989 BlueChevy 1500 Extended cab with FULL bed
1978 7ft Sears cargo trailer with added wood inserts to hold both my weedeaters
3 1976-83 vintage lawnboy lawnmowers with full self propel features as well as mulch kits
2 Sears electric weedeaters
1 green machine electric leaf blower
1 sears articulating hedge trimmer-electric
2 50ft power cords
3 Leaf rakes
1 shovel
1 pocket knife
cooler for beer
lawn chair to enjoy a beer while I wait for the cash to be handed to me
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 11-21-2013, 08:27 PM
Weekend cut easymoney Weekend cut easymoney is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas-The Hilly part
Posts: 3,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by centraltxturf View Post
Thanks. Do you print and leave behind invoices or do you email them instead?
I email all invoices via QuickBooks. Clip can do it also or print job route invoices to leave at houses
__________________
1989 BlueChevy 1500 Extended cab with FULL bed
1978 7ft Sears cargo trailer with added wood inserts to hold both my weedeaters
3 1976-83 vintage lawnboy lawnmowers with full self propel features as well as mulch kits
2 Sears electric weedeaters
1 green machine electric leaf blower
1 sears articulating hedge trimmer-electric
2 50ft power cords
3 Leaf rakes
1 shovel
1 pocket knife
cooler for beer
lawn chair to enjoy a beer while I wait for the cash to be handed to me
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 11-21-2013, 10:09 PM
JCLawn and more's Avatar
JCLawn and more JCLawn and more is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 4,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend cut easymoney View Post
Ability to send prework notifications or postwork notification. For one..
Another is the scheduling flexibility is not as great..
Ability to quickly shift an entire days work to another day..
Ability to record start and stop times for jobs.
Ability to upload routes into GPS mapping software and track your crews...real time
Its been 6 or 8 months since I looked at jobber...

I hope they step up...competition makes all companies better or they go broke...clip ks designed by guys in the business
Ability to record start and stop times for jobs.- they have it now
Another is the scheduling flexibility is not as great- that has really changed
Ability to upload routes into GPS mapping software and track your crews-That would be handy
Ability to quickly shift an entire days work to another day-its click and drag now for the calender.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 11-24-2013, 09:31 AM
Weekend cut easymoney Weekend cut easymoney is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas-The Hilly part
Posts: 3,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
Ability to record start and stop times for jobs.- they have it now
Another is the scheduling flexibility is not as great- that has really changed
Ability to upload routes into GPS mapping software and track your crews-That would be handy
Ability to quickly shift an entire days work to another day-its click and drag now for the calender.


clip has a checkbox and you choose which jobs to shift or hit 'all'...then date...
Project future
Material load lists for each day per crew
Calculates time spent working per employee on each job and totals at end of day

Clip's interface when used on a tablet need to be fixed...as well as in cellphone. Resizing is annoying...crews learning curve took a while to be able to use the system accurately.

At end of day I download all the data which is recorded each day by crews and calculates employee hours, totals..I think jobber is all online whereas clip is installed on your computer
__________________
1989 BlueChevy 1500 Extended cab with FULL bed
1978 7ft Sears cargo trailer with added wood inserts to hold both my weedeaters
3 1976-83 vintage lawnboy lawnmowers with full self propel features as well as mulch kits
2 Sears electric weedeaters
1 green machine electric leaf blower
1 sears articulating hedge trimmer-electric
2 50ft power cords
3 Leaf rakes
1 shovel
1 pocket knife
cooler for beer
lawn chair to enjoy a beer while I wait for the cash to be handed to me
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 11-24-2013, 09:46 AM
JCLawn and more's Avatar
JCLawn and more JCLawn and more is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 4,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend cut easymoney View Post
[/B] clip has a checkbox and you choose which jobs to shift or hit 'all'...then date...
Project future
Material load lists for each day per crew
Calculates time spent working per employee on each job and totals at end of day

Clip's interface when used on a tablet need to be fixed...as well as in cellphone. Resizing is annoying...crews learning curve took a while to be able to use the system accurately.

At end of day I download all the data which is recorded each day by crews and calculates employee hours, totals..I think jobber is all online whereas clip is installed on your computer
Ya its cloud based and all live. For the phone they really need an app that can run offline so you have everything when you loose signal and update once you get signal. If you could highlight multiple jobs and drag that would make it a cinch. Jobber is only about 4 or less years old so it will be interesting what it will look like in 4 more when they have a larger team and more $$$ to work with. The good thing is when they release something new it has been bug free except the QuickBooks syncing, which they told me that was QuickBooks beta app itself by QuickBooks which is poor. I guess they have been let in on a new one which is fixing a lot of issues. I haven't played with that yet, they said I could talk to the guy who was the developer for that part of jobber if I have more issues. That is one thing I like about jobber, they don't pawn you off on someone who doesent have clue, but you talk to one of they guys responsible for making the program.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 12-10-2013, 10:13 PM
GreenAsItGets GreenAsItGets is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Apex NC
Posts: 15
STILL ON THE HUNT- Demo'd Clip & SAP, Using Hindsite, Leaning towards Jobber, looking into Billmaster.
We are mainly landscape maintenance- 4 crews, 1 install/enhancement, and 1 lawn tech and are currently tracking/quoting via excel sheets and sending quotes with Word docs (We should be quoting at least thru QB-but were not) and printing way too much paper, do not have a CRM in place. Stressed about loss of information- both in the office and translating client needs to the crews- we searched for solutions.
We demo'd Clip late 2012- way too crude and behind the times and not near advanced enough, then used SAP, but just after 1 month using SAP- the software/co in general seemed a bit unorganized/not fully cooked and found them repeatedly responding to our qtns "Oh yeah we are working on that bug- or that feature should be out soon", and after hearing of other issues we bailed and searched on.
Signed up with Hindsite mid Summer 2013, they sold us stating it would do alot of things mentioned in this thread, and after we dug deeper found out- it can do most- kinda, but many functions are a bit archaic & overly time consuming, or don't work at all-
1st issue- quoting through the software- u can, but they now say its easier to do it thru a QB template then send it to HS as its not really a key built in function and u have to pay them extra $ to make quote templates- nice.
2nd- U want to enter your clients services in? Ok great- Create the services, create the 1st client, add what the client gets, then u detail what ea service has for parameters=choose 34 mowings @ 1.2 hrs, pruning 3 times @ 3 hrs ea, etc. fine- After u spend an hour getting that one client in- they say its best not to make a repeat function or a standard package, just spend an hour per client to manually enter the rest of the clients. Wow, I'm hearing Kenny Chesney now- "there goes my life"…
3rd item- I want to send emails to my clients of services coming up or after we completed- u know "client updates", well u can with Hindsite- only just now they announce u can via a 3rd party constant contact feature- for only $50/month!!?? >again no thanks I would rather pay CC $15/month, but really would rather have an message feature thats truly tied into the service software.
4rth- Hindsite has mobile capability but can have syncing issues that don't always translate back to homebase-(To avoid this u have to Manually Sink after every stop- Not sure the crews will be able to do this day in/day out. + No GPS functionality tied to the mobile devices (Jobber said they are releasing this- they seem light years ahead of Clip/Hindsite)
5th- U have to have Hindsite attached to a local machine w/ quickbooks- not very 2014 if u ask me- Jobber has online capability already.
6th- Hindsite talks a big game, they claim to help u with other things like marketing and growing your business- they have blogs and video trainings- like social media marketing (yet they have a whopping 153 likes on their FB page) really?
Talked with Real Green sales about their new online version and with the add ons- were looking @ close to $400/month- thanks, but no.

Last edited by GreenAsItGets; 12-10-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 12-11-2013, 05:38 AM
ant's Avatar
ant ant is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: dirty jersey
Posts: 2,408
call john at billmaster, he will have u on your way by Thursday!
anthony
__________________
The early bee gets the nectar.
-----------------------------

2003 ford F 150
1- 14' OPEN TRAILER sold
1- 16' open trailer
BILLMASTER SOFTWARE FOR MY LAWN CARE.
http://www.customizedbusinesssoftware.com
QUICK BOOKS FOR ACCOUNTING
1- Z SPRAY Intermediate
1- Z SPRAY MAX
2-Z PLUGGER
1-Lesco Renovator
1- CLASSEN SPLIT REEL CORE AERATOR
1- 150 GAL NURSE TANK WITH A 20 GPM TIGER PUMP.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 12-11-2013, 07:23 AM
GreenAsItGets GreenAsItGets is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Apex NC
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant View Post
call john at billmaster, he will have u on your way by Thursday!
anthony
Will Do and thanks for the lead!
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 12-17-2013, 08:18 PM
Chad at HindSite Chad at HindSite is offline
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAsItGets View Post
STILL ON THE HUNT- Demo'd Clip & SAP, Using Hindsite, Leaning towards Jobber, looking into Billmaster.
We are mainly landscape maintenance- 4 crews, 1 install/enhancement, and 1 lawn tech and are currently tracking/quoting via excel sheets and sending quotes with Word docs (We should be quoting at least thru QB-but were not) and printing way too much paper, do not have a CRM in place. Stressed about loss of information- both in the office and translating client needs to the crews- we searched for solutions.
We demo'd Clip late 2012- way too crude and behind the times and not near advanced enough, then used SAP, but just after 1 month using SAP- the software/co in general seemed a bit unorganized/not fully cooked and found them repeatedly responding to our qtns "Oh yeah we are working on that bug- or that feature should be out soon", and after hearing of other issues we bailed and searched on.
Signed up with Hindsite mid Summer 2013, they sold us stating it would do alot of things mentioned in this thread, and after we dug deeper found out- it can do most- kinda, but many functions are a bit archaic & overly time consuming, or don't work at all-
1st issue- quoting through the software- u can, but they now say its easier to do it thru a QB template then send it to HS as its not really a key built in function and u have to pay them extra $ to make quote templates- nice.
2nd- U want to enter your clients services in? Ok great- Create the services, create the 1st client, add what the client gets, then u detail what ea service has for parameters=choose 34 mowings @ 1.2 hrs, pruning 3 times @ 3 hrs ea, etc. fine- After u spend an hour getting that one client in- they say its best not to make a repeat function or a standard package, just spend an hour per client to manually enter the rest of the clients. Wow, I'm hearing Kenny Chesney now- "there goes my life"…
3rd item- I want to send emails to my clients of services coming up or after we completed- u know "client updates", well u can with Hindsite- only just now they announce u can via a 3rd party constant contact feature- for only $50/month!!?? >again no thanks I would rather pay CC $15/month, but really would rather have an message feature thats truly tied into the service software.
4rth- Hindsite has mobile capability but can have syncing issues that don't always translate back to homebase-(To avoid this u have to Manually Sink after every stop- Not sure the crews will be able to do this day in/day out. + No GPS functionality tied to the mobile devices (Jobber said they are releasing this- they seem light years ahead of Clip/Hindsite)
5th- U have to have Hindsite attached to a local machine w/ quickbooks- not very 2014 if u ask me- Jobber has online capability already.
6th- Hindsite talks a big game, they claim to help u with other things like marketing and growing your business- they have blogs and video trainings- like social media marketing (yet they have a whopping 153 likes on their FB page) really?
Talked with Real Green sales about their new online version and with the add ons- were looking @ close to $400/month- thanks, but no.

Hi GreenAsItGets,

Thank you for the feedback about the HindSite Solution. We take customer feedback very seriously and appreciate that you’ve taken the time to point out what’s not working for you. We’d love to talk to you about this feedback – please contact me directly to discuss.

I want to answer your concerns as transparently as possible:

Quoting – I agree we are not as strong on quoting, because we have been operations focused – helping you turn your paper-based operations processes into electronic ones. We do charge for custom quote templates because it is custom work for each customer.

Contract Data – HindSite works just like you want for contracts. We do have the ability to create contract templates. So you don’t have to setup each client contract individually if you use contract templates and the services are the same among multiple clients. I apologize that you did not know about that feature – we’d be happy to show it to you.

Emails – Again, I think there’s been confusion with what our email add-on – called HindSite Connect – can do. It’s exactly what you’ve explained you want – a message feature that’s truly tied into the service software. You are correct that it’s integrated into Constant Contact, but that integration is only for the templating end of your emails. So you get the best of both worlds with Connect – the ability to send emails from your service software, and the ability to create professional emails with a few mouse clicks in Constant Contact. You can see what it does at http://www.hindsitesoftwae.com/connect.

Mobile Capability – It’s true, sometimes you will have poor connectivity on mobile devices. And yes, you do need to sync your data back to the office. It’s as easy as pressing a sync button on your device once you’ve completed a job. We do not have GPS integrated into the solution yet. We are in preliminary discussions to add GPS functionality.

Server vs. Cloud – We are server-based software. This has its advantages (you own your data, you’re not relying on an internet connection, security) and disadvantages (it’s more difficult to access anywhere, you need hardware that supports the software). We are currently developing a cloud-based solution.

Marketing – The best form of marketing for your service business is delivering exceptional service. HindSite helps you do that by eliminating all the time-consuming paperwork from your business so you can focus on your customers. Facebook likes is a throwaway number. If we wanted more likes, we could pay for them like many of our competitors do. We choose not to. Our focus isn’t on likes, it’s on creating and sharing great content. Take a look at our Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn feeds and compare them to the competition. On their pages, you’ll find self-promotional items. On ours, you’ll mostly find business-related articles that we like or created. We're just philosophically different.

Hope that helps clarify some of your feedback. Again, please contact me to discuss or if you have any additional questions. We truly value your input, and I'd be happy to get on a call to walk you through how to do what you want in HindSite.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
autopilot , clip , hindsite , jobber , realgreen , software

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:31 PM.

Page generated in 0.07853 seconds with 7 queries