Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-30-2013, 03:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad at HindSite View Post
Hi GreenAsItGets,

Thank you for the feedback about the HindSite Solution. We take customer feedback very seriously and appreciate that you’ve taken the time to point out what’s not working for you. We’d love to talk to you about this feedback – please contact me directly to discuss.

I want to answer your concerns as transparently as possible:

Quoting – I agree we are not as strong on quoting, because we have been operations focused – helping you turn your paper-based operations processes into electronic ones. We do charge for custom quote templates because it is custom work for each customer.

Contract Data – HindSite works just like you want for contracts. We do have the ability to create contract templates. So you don’t have to setup each client contract individually if you use contract templates and the services are the same among multiple clients. I apologize that you did not know about that feature – we’d be happy to show it to you.

Emails – Again, I think there’s been confusion with what our email add-on – called HindSite Connect – can do. It’s exactly what you’ve explained you want – a message feature that’s truly tied into the service software. You are correct that it’s integrated into Constant Contact, but that integration is only for the templating end of your emails. So you get the best of both worlds with Connect – the ability to send emails from your service software, and the ability to create professional emails with a few mouse clicks in Constant Contact. You can see what it does at http://www.hindsitesoftwae.com/connect.

Mobile Capability – It’s true, sometimes you will have poor connectivity on mobile devices. And yes, you do need to sync your data back to the office. It’s as easy as pressing a sync button on your device once you’ve completed a job. We do not have GPS integrated into the solution yet. We are in preliminary discussions to add GPS functionality.

Server vs. Cloud – We are server-based software. This has its advantages (you own your data, you’re not relying on an internet connection, security) and disadvantages (it’s more difficult to access anywhere, you need hardware that supports the software). We are currently developing a cloud-based solution.

Marketing – The best form of marketing for your service business is delivering exceptional service. HindSite helps you do that by eliminating all the time-consuming paperwork from your business so you can focus on your customers. Facebook likes is a throwaway number. If we wanted more likes, we could pay for them like many of our competitors do. We choose not to. Our focus isn’t on likes, it’s on creating and sharing great content. Take a look at our Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn feeds and compare them to the competition. On their pages, you’ll find self-promotional items. On ours, you’ll mostly find business-related articles that we like or created. We're just philosophically different.

Hope that helps clarify some of your feedback. Again, please contact me to discuss or if you have any additional questions. We truly value your input, and I'd be happy to get on a call to walk you through how to do what you want in HindSite.
I appreciate the response- but to be candid Hindsite needs to do a better job disclosing info upfront through your sales process, before the buying public shells out the down payment- then getting buyers remorse fairly quickly.
In our case, the sales did not disclose the facts truthfully, over promised the capability of the software and in a nutshell we feel we lost our time/money pursuing software which is not what we would want/afford to continue working with.
I will say that I clearly communicated issues on several occasions, but we did not get any concessions in return.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:46 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAsItGets View Post
I appreciate the response- but to be candid Hindsite needs to do a better job disclosing info upfront through your sales process, before the buying public shells out the down payment- then getting buyers remorse fairly quickly.
In our case, the sales did not disclose the facts truthfully, over promised the capability of the software and in a nutshell we feel we lost our time/money pursuing software which is not what we would want/afford to continue working with.
I will say that I clearly communicated issues on several occasions, but we did not get any concessions in return.
Appreciate the feedback. Love to hear about your experience with other software vendors. Keep us posted on what you find.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Anyone have experience with Billmaster versus other software?? Looking at getting something soon. Thinking SAP is the leader right now for me.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:32 AM
LawnSite Member

Lmn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAmericanlawn View Post
Anyone have experience with Billmaster versus other software?? Looking at getting something soon. Thinking SAP is the leader right now for me.
Currently in trial with LMN
http://www.landscapemanagementnetwork.com/
Really like what i am seeing so far- you start with developing your budgets, then building your quotes and contracts, then move to mobile device tracking in the field.
They offer a workshop where they come around the US throughout the year, to help you understand your costs and developing your financial budgets.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the link. Interesting..but my business is proffitable. Im looking at more of an accounting/scheduling software.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Thanks for the link. Interesting..but my business is proffitable. Im looking at more of an accounting/scheduling software.
Right- then u can just jump to their 2nd product which is also integrated to their base offering-
http://www.golmn.com/
Old 01-03-2014, 02:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I switched to service autopilot last month, just got everything setup and ready to go for the year. I am really liking the options i have available so far. Hopefully it works out like i think it will. customer support has been OK.. good enough for me anyway. I'm still a little nervous about using a web-based service, but it is worth a shot. It is already a night and day difference compared to what i was using before (gopher). But really won't know until i get into the season if its gonna be worth it or not.. in theory though, it should make things much easier for me. I was disapointed at the fact that they do not have pesticide app tracking, but decided to track that in excel.

Servicing Dallas, Acworth, Kennesaw, & Woodstock, Ga
Old 01-03-2014, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Member

I like the idea of Service Autopilot. But I am staking my livelihood on that they will keep up there end of the deal. kinda nervous about that. Also I am curious how the scheduling will work. I do %80 mowing and do my landscaping as I can get to it working around my mowing schedule and weather permitting. I don't really do a lot of scheduled jobs on landscaping. Also in the winter I do work but its hit or miss as far as weather permitting me to work. I guess my question is will I have continuous notifications telling me to do the work. lol
Old 01-03-2014, 07:22 PM
LawnSite Member

...also was wanting opinions on the accounting side of SAP versus Quickbooks. Someone said it sucked on SAP and they used quickbooks for the accounting side. Im not interested in using quickbooks anymore
Old 01-03-2014, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i was wondering the same thing, but unfortunately will find out as i go along. if i have to buy quickbooks later then so be it. I like the scheduling in SA, its a little different than what i'm used to, but works really good for pesticide app scheduling, and the pre-printed route sheets look good.. their invoices, not so much but i can live with that for now.

Quote:
...also was wanting opinions on the accounting side of SAP versus Quickbooks. Someone said it sucked on SAP and they used quickbooks for the accounting side. Im not interested in using quickbooks anymore

Servicing Dallas, Acworth, Kennesaw, & Woodstock, Ga

Tags
autopilot , clip , hindsite , jobber , realgreen , software