Originally Posted by Stillwater
Being a audio desgine engineer, your safe with your skepticism. Their are reasons for coiled wire many...... in rragation their are no critical reasons. Outside of storeing extra inches of wire for future service.
Being an audio design engineer leads one to think that you would:
1) spell better or
2) use spell check
Regardless, i would rather:
1) coil the wire and at least benefit from the extra wire.
2) ground the controller to a ground rod.
3) use copper dissipation sleeves.
4) use recommended MOVs.
5) use ground plates or mats on more expensive controllers.
6) read ASIC guidelines 100 - 2000 for more information.
7) do the job to the best of my ability and not worry about what anyone else thinks.