Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-15-2013, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Exmark dealer demo price

I have a fairly small lawn service in Maryland (15 yards). I am a police officer full time and run my lawn service on the side to help out with some bills. My current mower is a Toro 36" floating deck walk behind with the turbo force deck and T-bar controls. I am very happy with the mower and it does a great job on my current properties majority of which are around 1/4 acre residential but I would like the option of expanding to some larger properties next year if possible. I have been looking for a 52-60" ztr mower and I am fairly certain that my head is going to explode if I read anything else about these things. I think I have narrowed it down to the Exmark E-series. I was speaking to a dealer this evening and he was telling me he has a dealer demo E-series 60" series 4 deck with 150hrs that he would sell for $7500.00. He told me that it would still qualify for the current 0% for 48mo incentive as well as the full factory warranty. I was hoping to get some thoughts on this price. Is this a "deal of a lifetime" type thing or at that price would I be ok waiting till the season ends and see about finding a better deal? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jeff Simmons
Muddy Paws Lawn Serivce
Old 08-15-2013, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

You could probably find a great deal on a used machine in the off season months. Wouldn't have a warranty but with 1/2 or less out of pocket, I could live with that. With such few accounts, not sure if I would jump in on the demo even though it sounds to be a fair deal.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Member

I am definitely not opposed to buying a used mower. I guess my main concern in going that route is the fact that I don't have much experience with them and what areas to focus on for signs of a problem or problems in the near future. Would you suggest going the craigslist route or try and find a used mower through a dealer of some sort?
Old 08-16-2013, 06:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Craigslist would be the best deal most likely. Just take someone with you to check it out before you purchase. A lot of guys go into this business every year and go out in a year or two. Stay patient until you find a great mower at a great price. Time is on your side for now.