Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-15-2013, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Nightscaping? OLP Controllers etc.

Good Evening....

I was perusing the site and catching up and thought I'd post a couple of questions myself.

First, I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything about Nightscaping. About a month ago, I ordered some postliters in a custom powdercoat. I feel as I have been getting the runaround and needless to say, they don't have, haven't made and I'm kept wondering about my fixtures. This client already has some postliters on their fence that I installed years ago, so I wanted the same fixture on their deck.

Second question: Anyone know anything about the control system that has the Outdoor Lighting Perspectives name on it?

I am redoing a job done by the OLP contractor in my area- I guess the client was not happy with the abundance of PAR 36 plastic in-grounds, not to mention the weak design and the high energy cost. Anyway, he showed me the control element in the basement which was plugged into an outlet. I have never seen that before. I'm guessing it's a powerline type controller or RF or something. I think I've included a photo of this device.

If anyone has any experience or knowledge about this, I'd appreciate the reply.

Thank You

George
Old 08-15-2013, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Member

photo

Here is is.. window was small and I didn't see the upload button!
Attached Images

Old 08-15-2013, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Upb brotha. Web mountain makes it for them. Or pulse worx idk if its gen 1 or 2.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:55 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

That is a standard UPB controller. simply automated makes them as well. As for Nightscaping, I think they are toast. the "investor" who supposedly bought them a month ago has not shown up with the cash and they have not shipped anything to either of my vendors in weeks. People are scouring distributors shelves for the last of their popular lines.

You can probably get away with using the coppermoon copper postliter as it is virtually the same shape and size. Just be sure to order it with the t5 wedge socket, long lead wires and a raw (not shiny) finish.

www.integralighting.com

www.facebook.com/INTEGRA.Lighting

Affiliations: IESNA, IALD, IDA, AOLP, LO, MBA
Old 08-19-2013, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Hi guys.. thanks.. Jim and SMnLL... I looked it up and found the pdf of the manual so I can educate myself on reprogramming this if the guy needs.

Jim... I've heard some stuff to that effect... I'm kinda bummed.. I thought they were doing better... I wonder who's behind the 'financing" and if it was deliberate.. to put them out of business?

I hope they can get out of it. Years ago..after Bill died... I talked with Lavesta and told her that she could raise money by selling shares of the company to guys like us... what a board she'd have had if she did that!

Anyway.. keep me posted if ya hear anything else

thanks

George
Old 08-19-2013, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting View Post
That is a standard UPB controller. simply automated makes them as well. As for Nightscaping, I think they are toast. the "investor" who supposedly bought them a month ago has not shown up with the cash and they have not shipped anything to either of my vendors in weeks. People are scouring distributors shelves for the last of their popular lines.

You can probably get away with using the coppermoon copper postliter as it is virtually the same shape and size. Just be sure to order it with the t5 wedge socket, long lead wires and a raw (not shiny) finish.
i just received some of your namesake fixtures from them but another contractor in my area has been waiting for his fixture for over a month

in regards to the integralighter... any plans for another manufacture to introduce it? illumicare perhaps?
Old 08-19-2013, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Brandon, I cannot speak for Illumicare as I no longer have any association what so ever with them. I can say that there are plans to introduce a similar but new, better, more attractive fixture in the future, but as with all good things, this too shall take some time.

I will let you know how this progresses. in the mean time send me an email and I will point you to another version of a similarly performing fixture.

www.integralighting.com

www.facebook.com/INTEGRA.Lighting

Affiliations: IESNA, IALD, IDA, AOLP, LO, MBA
Old 09-05-2013, 08:12 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting View Post
As for Nightscaping, I think they are toast. the "investor" who supposedly bought them a month ago has not shown up with the cash and they have not shipped anything to either of my vendors in weeks. People are scouring distributors shelves for the last of their popular lines.

I've always seen Nightscaping as having a very outdated and antiquated product line. Is there anything in their product line that is still popular with loyal nightscaping contractors? I am just curious, if they have gone under, what are the niche products that will be missed the most?

Tim Ryan
Lite4 Outdoor Lighting
www.lite-4.com
Old 09-05-2013, 01:53 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

As of this moment, the website is still up.

I have downloaded various fixture line drawing/ parts blow-ups over the years and will try to get whatever more I might be able to use for repairs before they shut it down.

Parts that will hard to find elsewhere are the threaded "nails" for various pathlights. But a lot of the SS screws and O-rings are standard sizes, if you know what they are.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Just confirmed from a contact. Phones are disconnected, they have ceased operations and closed the doors.

So sad to see Bill's company end like this.