Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-16-2013, 06:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Your thoughts on a different approach to consulting

Over the past month, I have noticed that several members seem to be going through very similar growing pains. I believe I can use my experience in similar circumstances to offer personalized consulting solutions that will produce quick results at an affordable price. Owners transitioning from the field to managing a business could greatly benefit from a traditional consultant, but at this stage of their growth extra time and money are both in short supply.

I have been working on a simple consulting model and I would like to get some feedback from a few of you. I would like to work with 3 owners over the next few weeks. I want to know if this type of service would be beneficial, and get an idea of my time commitment so I can determine a price point. The format of the consulting will be as follows:
  1. I will email a brief questionnaire covering 10 areas of your business. Your answers will be used to identify and rank the areas of change that are most important to you.
  2. When you reply, I will review your answers and develop a 2 part action plan. First, what is the simplest improvement you can make, that will have the greatest impact on your business in the shortest amount of time? Second, what steps can you start taking to quickly improve the area of your business that you most want to change?
  3. We will then work together to make sure the plan fits your business and includes steps that you can realistically take.
  4. I will continue to provide weekly email or phone support for 30 days while you implement the plan.

If you would like more information there is a copy of the questionnaire here. 819 resources consulting questionnaire. If you would like to participate or have any questions you can use the contact form on my website or email directly me at dllawson819@gmail.com.

**I will post when I have selected 3 companies. If this thread grows please read to make sure I have not already selected the companies for the test group.**