Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-18-2013, 04:18 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Rider View Post
Columbia has a Gravely dealer. It's not THAT far from Shelbyville. Not as close as Tulllahoma. I'm seriously looking at getting a Pro-Ride 260 but will likely buy from Columbia or Huntsville.
Nice! The Pro-Ride has a good following. I hear good things about the tunnel deck. Please keep us up to date.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Columbia has a Gravely dealer. It's not THAT far from Shelbyville. Not as close as Tulllahoma. I'm seriously looking at getting a Pro-Ride 260 but will likely buy from Columbia or Huntsville.
I would love to demo a gravely. I seen on their website that they had a dealer in columbia. Have you ever had any dealings with them?
Old 08-20-2013, 03:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Well after thinking about this for a few weeks I have figured out a couple things that I really already knew. While there is no doubt that the Gravely 460 would be an awesome machine the dealer down the road from me lacks alot of the things that mean something to me. I have tried dealing with them several times over the last few years with no luck. The guy I talked to when asking about the 460 didn't even know they had adjustable baffles and tried to argue with me in the middle of the showroom. Maybe the 460 is better than my Diablo. I'm sure many people would say that it is but I will never know. I have a friend (dealer) that takes care of people like me. What I mean by that is I don't have the big Isuzu landscape trucks with ten mowers and fifteen trimmers and blowers on it. One man operation here (most of the time). Loyalty to people who treat you right and take care of you means the world to me. And besides how many of have the kind of support to where lets say, after a long day of mowing you need a quick fix on the mower (after hours) you can roll up in there and sit down in the shop and watch him fix your mower while you have a cold one? That's priceless. lol'
Old 08-20-2013, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Totally agree Big, I have a dealer close to me that puts contractors before anyone else (no matter the size). They can be flat out, I'll drop a trimmer off at lunch time and pick it up in the afternoon. Ive taken my ztr in because of a cracked exhaust and theyve fixed it right there and then, while theyve been busy with other work, didnt even charge me for it and it was pretty involved repair. They do way more than that for me as well, referred work to me for example! That kind of relationship is priceless!
Old 08-20-2013, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Hard to beat that kind of support. Dealers like him are what keep alot of us in business.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dog Diablo View Post
Hard to beat that kind of support. Dealers like him are what keep alot of us in business.
Damn few dealers like this anymore.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I have a Gravely 260 Pro Ride (2011 model) and am very happy with it for what I have to cut in my area.

I hope you get a chance to demo one and let us know what you think about it.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:05 AM
LawnSite Member

Yes, loyalty is the key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dog Diablo View Post
Well after thinking about this for a few weeks I have figured out a couple things that I really already knew. While there is no doubt that the Gravely 460 would be an awesome machine the dealer down the road from me lacks alot of the things that mean something to me. I have tried dealing with them several times over the last few years with no luck. The guy I talked to when asking about the 460 didn't even know they had adjustable baffles and tried to argue with me in the middle of the showroom. Maybe the 460 is better than my Diablo. I'm sure many people would say that it is but I will never know. I have a friend (dealer) that takes care of people like me. What I mean by that is I don't have the big Isuzu landscape trucks with ten mowers and fifteen trimmers and blowers on it. One man operation here (most of the time). Loyalty to people who treat you right and take care of you means the world to me. And besides how many of have the kind of support to where lets say, after a long day of mowing you need a quick fix on the mower (after hours) you can roll up in there and sit down in the shop and watch him fix your mower while you have a cold one? That's priceless. lol'
Could not agree more. And hats off to you for making a business decision (with your money) based on long term thinking about service and loyalty.

If you buy price that is all you get. And what good is a great deal on a machine without good service to keep it going? Or what good is getting a brand of mower you prefer if you cannot get good honest service to keep it going? And on the practical side, if you are not loyal to the place that takes care of you then they will not be able to stay in business.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Stick with what your friend sells... You know you will always be #1 on his priority list and he will always give you good service.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Member

This is true