Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-22-2013, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dog Diablo View Post
This is true
Unless you do something to piss him off...
Old 08-25-2013, 08:28 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
The seat is specially made for Gravely only, memory foam and all. Gravely has commented on LS many times stating it is not available as a accesory/kit. If you were to piece together the complete parts list it would cost over $2000. This has been talked about many times on LS with Gravely Commercial.
So for kicks I did the math. The seat and suspension system is available as an assembly. Its $1071.40 for that and roughly $428 for the isolating/mounting assembly when pricing out all the parts.

http://www.gravelyparts.com/pages/Oe...at/17229/17234 bam!
Old 08-25-2013, 08:58 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
So for kicks I did the math. The seat and suspension system is available as an assembly. Its $1071.40 for that and roughly $428 for the isolating/mounting assembly when pricing out all the parts.

http://www.gravelyparts.com/pages/Oe...at/17229/17234 bam!
So about $1500 in parts plus you will need the electrical wiring and junction box. Also keep in mind this is direct mount to a 400 series so you will need to modify whatever machine your trying to mount this to. In another thread we figured over $2000 total.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:06 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
So about $1500 in parts plus you will need the electrical wiring and junction box. Also keep in mind this is direct mount to a 400 series so you will need to modify whatever machine your trying to mount this to. In another thread we figured over $2000 total.
its included in the assembly. http://www.gravelyparts.com/pages/Oe...ts/17229/17235 Yes if you bought the assembly piece by piece it would be about 2400 in parts, but they sell the whole seat assembly as an assembly for 1071 or whatever i just said.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:08 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
its included in the assembly. http://www.gravelyparts.com/pages/Oe...ts/17229/17235 Yes if you bought the assembly piece by piece it would be about 2400 in parts, but they sell the whole seat assembly as an assembly for 1071 or whatever i just said.
The wiring is not included. It goes from the junction box on the machine to the seat. Its part of a harness that starts at the fuse block. It powers the pump and presence switch. Its another $245.00 for just the harness not including misc. fuses, fuse block etc. So again all said and done its over $2000. Can it be hacked in cheaper? Sure anything is possible. But its not a kit or accesory that just mounts up to anything easily.

Last edited by GMLC; 08-25-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:21 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
The wiring is not included. It goes from the junction box on the machine to the seat. Its part of a harness that starts at the fuse block.
all it is a power wire going to the the auxiliary power supply and a wire going to the pto relay. So you id not care about the shutoff and wire it to the aux power or directly to the battery with an on off switch.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:32 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
all it is a power wire going to the the auxiliary power supply and a wire going to the pto relay. So you id not care about the shutoff and wire it to the aux power or directly to the battery with an on off switch.
Like I said anything is possible. Im not trying to be a jerk so please dont take it that way. 3 or 4 of us had already gone through the parts list like you are doing now in another thread a while back. Unless you have a 400 series its going to take a lot of modification to mount this seat and platform. Its just not meant to really fit anything else. The other members were trying to mount this set up on Gravely 200 series. It was easier and cheaper to just buy a Grammar air seat kit. But its not as nice as this seat and isolated platform set up. Another problem they were going to have was on the 400 series the seat mounts lower so on machines without the lower mounting location you going to add to much height.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:46 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Like I said anything is possible. Im not trying to be a jerk so please dont take it that way. 3 or 4 of us had already gone through the parts list like you are doing now in another thread a while back. Unless you have a 400 series its going to take a lot of modification to mount this seat and platform. Its just not meant to really fit anything else. The other members were trying to mount this set up on Gravely 200 series. It was easier and cheaper to just buy a Grammar air seat kit. But its not as nice as this seat and isolated platform set up. Another problem they were going to have was on the 400 series the seat mounts lower so on machines without the lower mounting location you going to add to much height.
And that's the problem with most good seats. If you want a good ride you need good suspension which takes travel. If you want a good seat its going to need modifications.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:57 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
And that's the problem with most good seats. If you want a good ride you need good suspension which takes travel. If you want a good seat its going to need modifications.
Agreed. If I remember correctly we measured mounting locations and my 452 was 3 or 4" lower to make up for the travel. Adding a higher seat can be a problem for those of us who mow steep hills. I like my center of gravity as low as possible. With my seat already 3-4" lower than most I can air down and get an even lower center of gravity which helps me stick to hill sides.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Agreed. If I remember correctly we measured mounting locations and my 452 was 3 or 4" lower to make up for the travel. Adding a higher seat can be a problem for those of us who mow steep hills. I like my center of gravity as low as possible. With my seat already 3-4" lower than most I can air down and get an even lower center of gravity which helps me stick to hill sides.
While I have sat on the Gravely 460 (man that seat is out of this world) I have not got to cut with one yet(this week). If I decide to put a suspension seat on the Diablo I think I will try the puffer.